Chapter 10

Chapter 10 — Interrupted Meeting

Liam can't keep his eyes from straying to his boss' office window, but this time for a completely different reason than before. He's not particularly looking at his boss per se, but waiting for some kind of reaction from him. Aaron changed into his suit and is now standing at his desk, looking through some files.

He does keep fidgeting, so maybe Liam's revenge is working but he can't be too sure. Liam sees him pick up the phone and he quickly looks away, and as expected his own phone rings a second later.

"Hello?"

"If you're done staring at me, can you print out the documents I've sent you and join me in the conference room for the meeting,"

Liam rolls his eyes, stifling a grin; if only he knew the reason he was looking at him now. He mutters an okay, before ending the call.

Aaron walks out of his office and past Liam's desk but not before knocking on his desk, signalling him to come along. There's a weird hobble in his steps and Liam has to keep himself from snickering behind him. He quickly prints whatever documents his boss needs and heads to the conference room — he doesn't want to miss a single thing that is going to unfold in that meeting.

Is Liam potentially damaging the meeting here and also risking his job here? Yes. Does Liam care about it? Yes, but mostly no; also, what's done is done. It's too late for him to do anything about it.

Edwin, their company's client, and whose meeting was cancelled the previous because of Aaron's apparent 'food poisoning', has rescheduled that meeting for today, and is already in the conference room by the time Liam is there.

Liam smiles at him in greeting before going to Aaron to pass him the printed documents. Aaron is seated at one end of the table, his hands fisted on the table, and breathing in and out slowly. Liam's smile does not leave his face.

"Hey, I got you your documents,"

"Mhmm," is all he says in return.

"Need anything else?" Liam's voice is way too chirpy even for himself.

But Aaron is too preoccupied to notice it and be suspicious about it. He just shakes his head no, but before Liam can leave, he stops him.

"Actually, can you stay and take notes for the meeting?" very discreetly, Aaron's hand goes to his pants, but when he notices Liam seeing his movements, he quickly places it back on the table.

Liam not wanting to torment the poor man any further, nods, "Yeah, sure,"

"Thanks,"

Liam's eyebrows rise an inch, surprised — did he just say thanks, and that too voluntarily? He rubs his mouth with the back of his hand, reminding himself to not break into a laughter. If only he could have been this sensible before... Liam clicks his tongue to himself, occupying on of the seats by the side of the room against the wall, bringing a notepad and a pen with him that he found in the room.

Liam settles in his seat, and waits for the meeting to begin. He tries very hard to not look at his boss lest he gives himself off. But it's difficult to do so when he can see him from the corner of his eyes, fidgeting in his seat every few seconds. Liam has to seal his lips tightly together to keep himself from laughing out loud, and keeps his head down, eyes trained down on the notepad on his lap.

The meeting starts and Edwin stands at the front, explaining something about the company's project and Liam knows he should be paying attention, jot down whatever's important but none of the words actually register in his head. His mind inadvertently goes back to his boss who has to be suffering by now and wonders how long he can stay in those itching-powder-infested pants.