Untitled Part 16

+Parallel World+

Minato sat still, frozen on his spot with wide unbelieving eyes that stared at Naruto, whose eyes were obscured by his crown hair's shadow. The man's lips were parted as he processed the information he was told. To him, he could hardly believe it, and so he started snorting. Shaking his head a little, he said, "Don't kid around, Naruto. It isn't funny."

"No." replied the boy, and fisted his hands on his lap. "I'm not, dad. I'm being serious here."

The older of the two ceased his smiled. No matter how he would think, he can not just believe it. "Naruto..." he called warrily, his eyebrows were pulled together. "Please. Tell me what you said is-"

"True." Naruto cut his father off.

"Then..." he trailed off. Without his notice, a lone tear escaped from Minato's right eye and it cascaded down his cheek before dropping on the back of his right hand that was on his lap. He looked down, feeling something wet dropped on his skin, and saw the wet spot on his hand. Soon, after the single tear, more followed, which confused Minato at first as he went to touch his now wet cheeks.

The younger one, wondering why it had gotten so quiet, looked up only to see his father crying silently. It caused Naruto's chest to tighten, and his throat clogged at the sight of the man he had been looking up to weeping silently. He wanted to comfort, but was uncertain if he should. However, a phrase escaped him. "I'm sorry."

Minato focused his attention back to his son at the sincere words he had heard. Being the rational one, he understood the situation, so he forced a smile for Naruto. "It hurts so much." he said. "But, I understand things couldn't be help."

"I'm so sorry." Naruto lowered his head. Not a second later, he felt large, warm, and calloused palm on his head ruffling his hair gently that made him look up.

"You're not at fault here, Naruto. If there's anyone to be blamed, it should be me. I was the one who put my son in his comatose state. You...you only came to this world because...because it just so happened...that my son is gone and...you... It was only a coincidence that you arrived in this world at the same time."

He wanted to smile, but Naruto could not so he opted to nodding his head.

Wiping his tears away, Minato sniffled and smiled. "Let's just keep this to ourselves for now, plan the things, before revealing the truth to Sayo."

"What about Yuri?"

"He'll never heard of this."

"And your people?"

"They'll hear a different story. Now, I'll leave you to rest. I'll be back later."

Naruto nodded, and watched his father stood and left him as the door shut close. He sighed, his mind began running a mile when he recalled the predicament his Konoha was facing. "I need to get back." he whispered to his self.

Meanwhile, Sayo was teaching her son how to do simple math in the living room. Yuri was kneeling next to a coffee table with his tongue sticking out in concentration as he wrote the right sum on his paper while the woman was on a couch.

"I'm done!" declared Yuri, waving his paper up.

With a smile, Sayo went to grab the paper only to be astounded whe her son pulled it on his chest, scowling. "Eh?" the woman tilted her head, and sat back. "What's the problem, son?"

"You can't see it!" the boy almost screamed.

Hearing the loud voice of his youngest, Minato turned a corner and stopped to watch his wife and son.