Untitled Part 14

+Main World+

Tsunade slumped on her seat with a tired sigh as she rubbed the sole of her right palm against her forehead's side, willing the dull throbbed away. Opening her closed eyes, the Hokage narrowed her piercing gaze at the other occupants of the office. "This." she paused, and leaned forward. Placing her elbows on the desk, she entertwined her fingers and said, "This is a failure."

Sakura, Sai, Sasuke, Ino, Chouji, Shikamaru, Hinata, Kiba, and Shino were the other occupants in the room. They were the ones that were responsible for protecting Naruto's body and capturing the enemy as was ordered. Hearing the Hokage's displeasure of the outcome of their mission, they looked down in shame of disappointing their leader.

Apparently, the group thought capturing Nirou, who they believed to be possessed by Black Zetsu, was too easy to be true. They had turned the accused to Torture and Information Department for interrogation, but Nirou would deny everything. Thus, the officials resorted into prying the man's mind, but something went wrong. When the man conducting the interrogation was almost at the core of finding out the whole truth, he had accidentally activated a trigger resulting into Nirou's death by cutting off the function of his nervous system first before striking the heart. With the neurons incapacitated, it was impossible see through memories even though the person was still alive. So far, all that was learned was the fact that Nirou had been possessed by Black Zetsu, and now that the said man was already dead without anything that would tell someone of the whereabouts of the enemy, all they could do was to be more vigilant.

Letting out another sigh, Tsunade said, "Alright." as she straightened up on her seat. "There's a chance that he had transferred into Naruto, so we need to check on him."

Chouji suddenly snapped out of his depression as his eyes widened. He looked at the Hokage and said, "I saw that guy place a hand on Naruto. Ino and I were in the room."

Nodding in silent agreement, Ino added, "He's right. I saw it too when he said that Naruto would be the key to the world's demise."

"He said it, huh?" Shikamaru spoke. He had his left hand supporting the other's elbow that was under his chin caressing his goatee. "Black Zetsu must have successfully occupied Naruto now. We need to hurry!"

And with that, without a moment of hesitation, Tsunade ordered the group to back to the room Naruto was still in with Yamato guarding the blonde.

"Understood!" the teens saluted and rushed out of the office to Naruto.

Konoha General Hospital was not that far, but for the group of teens it was despite their advance agility with their anxiety building up. It only dawned onto them the real danger they would be facing once Black Zetsu had gained control over Naruto's body. The implications they would be facing would be worst than the recent great battle they had been during the war.

But, what of the tailed beasts? Shikamaru thought as he hopped onto another roof. Wouldn't they do something to protect Naruto?

They had finally arrived at the hospital...

...or what the place it used to be.

People dress in hospital pyjamas, and in nurse's and doctor's uniforms run away from the burning building. Some died in the fire, few were caught by it and were running, while those who got lucky were helping the patients and the injured to a safer place. Soon, Commoner ninjas arrived, and used a water technique to kill the fire. But, the fire did not died out. It only seemed to roar in rage instead.

"What the hell happened in here?" asked Sasuke to no one in particular as he and the rest could only watch the fire being fought off by water.

"Naruto... We need to find him!" exclaimed Hinata as she hurried to the burning fire only to be held back by Kiba. "Kiba! Let go of me!" she protested while the rest of the males went off instead.