Authors Note

Hello there beautiful people!
King Corn hereᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I know part three of this book took a long time coming and I can definitely explain. I'm wanted to have another book ready to be published by the time this one is completed and instead of editing one of my old stuff, I decided to try completing the many (many, many) neglected WIPs I have. Unfortunately, I am still deep in the ocean that is writers block and have made zero progress so that's fun🙂

Also, I wanted to write a little note to explain the side characters in this book (y'know, the ones that keep showing up in the epigraphs) to go along with this authors note. They each have their own unique stories but you'll probably never get a book of their own so I wanted wanted give a little expose. But I couldn't decide if I should do that or post the playlist and I kept on going back and forth between to things that are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. *sigh* oh the dreaded lizard brain.

Lastly, part three is the most important part of this book and I wanted to make sure it was edited to perfection. Or at least make sure I was ready to edit it to perfection. There are scenes I want to add and things I want to do and I didn’t know if I could achieve that with the writers block. So I waited a while.

And a while is finally over.

In all honesty, this authors note doesn't even have to be here. It just is because I said it would be. The character profiles and playlist will come at the end of the book. In the meantime, thank you, thank you, thank you for making it this far into the book. Unfortunately, Nigeria is still a very homophobic country and people just prefer to pretend that LGBTQ+ teens don't exist. Whatever little representation LGBTQ+ Nigerians have in the media is very adult and it always ends in ruin. I wanted to write a slow burn coming-of-age novel about two boys featuring characters I hold close to my heart (more on them later) so I did and YOU'RE reading it, and actually ENJOYING it!

Thank you for that❤︎

I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. If you like what you read, consider voting and leaving a comment. I love seeing your thoughts, opinions and reactions.

Take care!

King Corn❀