Chapter 11: The Little Mage's Troubles and the Gates of Hell!

"...Ouch!"

"..."

"...Tsk, Ouch!"

"..."

"Agh, damnit!"

"Don't yell. Some people are trying to sleep."

"Eep! Ah, it's you Kazuma. Don't creep up on me like that..."

It was one day after being beheaded by The Winter Shogun. There is no razor, no shaving kit or anything like that in this world so I had to shave with just a knife. Needless to say it was hard. I just started shaving when Kazuma entered the bathroom.

"Huh? You're shaving? How old are you?" He asked, walking over to me.

"Sixte- ouch...! -en."

"You're literally the same age as me. How is that fair?" He asked, not hiding his annoyance.

"People mature in their own time. Or maybe it's just that I'm manlier than you." I said grinning.

"You just went 'Eep!' when I entered the bathroom. And remember the cemetery quest?"

"So, anyway, what's up? Do you need somethi- ouch, I swear to-!" Ignoring the confident look, in his eyes I went back to shaving.

"Pee."

"Sorry bud, can't help you with that. What, you want me to hold your-" I said with a chuckle before getting cut off.

"Of course not! Just how long are you going to take?"

"Don't yell. Some people are trying to sleep."

"...I hope you cut your face with that. Just tell me when you're done." He grumbled and walked away.

"Yeah, sure... ouch, motherfu-!"

A few minutes later:

"Kazuma! The bathroom's yours!" I shouted to him from the bathroom.

"I said don't yell!" He responded from the living room.

"Now you're the one yelling!"

"Y/N, I swear to-" I don't know what he wanted to say to me after that because I swiftly escaped upon hearing his heavy footsteps.

On the way to my room I had to pass Darkness' and Megumin's room. I was already in my pajamas, ready to sleep. But when I was walking by Megumin's room, I heard weird shuffling from inside.

"Hm? Did we wake her up? Or maybe she's having a nightmare? Or... maybe... no, surely not. She's too young for that. Darkness, I would understand, but Megumin? But maybe... I should check it out."

I was standing outside her door, pondering what to do next. After assessing my options, I decided. I knocked gently on the door.

"...Megumin? You good?" I said quietly to not wake anyone up, but loud enough so she could hear me.

There was no answer. I slowly opened the door to her room only to see Megumin in her pink pajamas fidgeting in her sleep. She was constantly turning to the sides with a cold sweat on her entire body.

"I should definitely wake her up." I thought instantly.

I walked up to her bedside and lightly shook her by the shoulders.

"Megumin... Oi, Megumin, wake up." As I said those soft words, she instantly jolted up with a gasp into a sitting position on her bed with her dark red eyes wide open. She was breathing hard and still shaking a little.