14. Boyfriend

Bryce’s POV

Bryce’s POV

So I came to a conclusion.

And it’s-

“Bryce?” I looked up from my seat at Freezey’s to see a nervous Max. I texted him that I wanted to talk to him. But also apologize for ignoring him the past week. 

I had long discussion with myself for many hours. To some, I might be seen as over dramatic. But you gotta look at it from my perspective. I had dated girls since kindergarten. I lost my virginity to a girl in freshman year of high school.

And now Max comes along and just throws everything out of balance.

“Hey, Max.” HEY? That’s what I have to say to him after leaving him alone after kissing him and not talking to him for a week?

“Can I sit?” He asks. Oh no. He’s asking if he can sit with me. Before the kiss, he would’ve just sat. But he feels the need to ask to not make me uncomfortable.

“I want to say sorry. I shouldn’t have left you there all alone. And I’m sorry for ignoring you.” I said.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kissed you. That was on me. You’re straight, and I was stupid to think something would happen between us. If you don’t want to hang out with me anymore, I understand.” He whispered. I slip my hazelnut ice cream over to him.

“It’s my fault too. Cause, I guess I leaned into the kiss too.” I rubbed my back.

“You only did that cause I was doing it.” He said.

“What if I wanted to kiss you?” I sternly said to him.

“You what?” He gasped.

“I was thinking for a long time…”

“And.” He ate some ice cream.

“I liked the kiss.” I blushed. I’m pathetic.

“You did?” He looked shocked.

“Y-Yeah.” 

There was silence that fell between us. A major secret was revealed.

I, Bryce Madden, high school quarterback and state champion, am falling for Maxwell Knox.

“Now would be a good time to say something.” I said to Max. He looked down and looked back up with glossy eyes.

“What do you expect me to say? You just said you liked our kiss.”

“Well, how about if I can get another kiss?” I said. Max blushed hard.

“Sure.” He said. 

He leaned in and I leaned in. Quickly, we gave each other a small kiss. It felt right. Like my lips are meant to be here and nowhere else. And his lips are perfect.

“Just as I remember…” I said. I rubbed my thumb over his lips.

“So is this just a summer fling?” He asked. A hint of sadness in his voice told me that he hoped a little more would come out of this.

“No. You’re too precious to be treated like that.” I said.

“So what does that make us?” He asked.

“How about, boyfriend. How’s that sound?” 

“I like it! Fits nice.”

“Perfect. Max, you are now officially my boyfriend!” I said.

“Never thought I’d hear the day the quarterback would call me his boyfriend.” He chuckled.

“Well it’s here now.”

“Dreams do come true.” He said.

I have no intentions on taking advantage of our relationship. I can tell now that this summer will be more than just a summer romance. 

It’s the start of something bigger than either of us can describe.

------

slut slut slut slut.

bye! i love you all!

<3