F I F T Y O N E

✨Enough

Enough.
Please, enough

I hear the siren and the cops car drove away as I fished for my phone in my jacket. Still crying, trying to suppress the sounds.

I dialed Jade. She picked up on the third ring "Hey, baby! How's the date?" No, I can't hold it any longer, I cry into the phone "Jade, the cops took them."

"What?"

"I don't know. I just came down the stairs, Harvey held me and they both started fighting. I was crying too much that I didn't know when the cops even came. They just took them in handcuffs. I don't know what to do."

I hear shuffling on the other line "Lana?" It was Chloe "Where are you?" I cried "Outside our building. I don't know what to do. It's all my fault. It's all my damn fault."
I hear the shuffling again and clicks of heels "Go back up in the apartment. I'm coming over to pick you up." Then I hear Jade on the line next "Wear something warm. It's cold outside." I cry even more "Stop crying. Stop blaming yourself before I beat you up. Go upstairs and wait. Chloe and I will be there in five minutes. I promise."

I do as they say. Not having the energy to talk back or think, I walk back in and just put on warm black sweatpants under the dress. Take off the jean jacket and wear a warmer hoodie over the dress. I looked ridiculous but my nerves were all over the place. Clutching my phone tightly in my hand, waiting for a text or a call that they're downstairs.

I get a ping on my phone from Jade that they're here. Already changed from heels to sneakers, I run down the stairs and see Jade right outside, pulling me in a hug. Chloe was in the car, on the phone looking as if she was pissed. I've never seen her angry before.

I cried into Jade's neck "He doesn't love me, Jade." She takes in a deep breath and lets out a harsher one "Fuck him. Fuck everyone. You deserve better than that prick anyway." I pull back and she wipes my tears "Let's just get to the police station, okay?" I nod and get in the back. Chloe was shouting over the phone "I need you to be at the fucking station in five minutes. I'm not kidding. If you're not there, you will regret breathing." And she cuts the call on whoever was on the other line.
Jade asked, "You okay?" Chloe nods as she drives "My lawyer is being a dickhead."

X

HARVEY POV

After the headshots, we're both thrown behind the bars at the precinct.
Just separated with bars between us. But we kept our distance. Sitting on either side, away from each other's reach. Both bruised. He got two stitches on his right cheek and I got four stitches above my left brow. A bandage around my knuckles and he had a bandage on his temple.
We were still fuming with rage. Our shirts splattered with each other's blood. The bastard tore my shirt from the collar and I tore his by the elbow.
Don't even attempt to speak to him but he doesn't back down "What did you tell her?" Fear in his eyes as if I told her his biggest secret. But I stay silent. His voice raises "What did you tell her?!" The police guard bangs his baton against the bars "No talking!" Nick looks at the guard, spewing curse words in Italian, and then at me "What did you tell her?" I keep a straight face throughout "Nothing."