F O R T Y N I N E

✨I'd never hurt you

I'd never hurt you. Even though I know I will, I'm trying not to

I slide the tip of my finger down his nose. Gently tapping the pointed tip of it makes him open his eyes and inhale with a moan.
He snuggles in closer and rests his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around me "Five more minutes."
I smile "Five, four, three, two,-" he groans "I said minutes, Curvy." Then he asks "What time is it?"

"8 AM. I need to be at work in an hour."

I lie on my back, breaking free from his capture and stretching my body. But he snuggles in even closer "No. You're so warm and comfortable." His hand goes up in my shirt, resting his palm between my ribs, mumbling "So warm." And then he's back to snoring.

X

It took every ounce of courage to go to work but Harvey didn't show up. Even when I texted him, he ignored me.
I got to know from Zara that he texted her that he wouldn't be coming in for work which both of us found weird.
Not that he wouldn't come to work but why would he text Zara?

I stay bored in my office the entire day.

X

NICKLAUS POV

I ring the doorbell and wait for him.

He opens up the door and asks "What do you want?"

"To talk."

"I don't want to."

"I wanna talk about Lana." And that get his attention that he opens the door wide for me to come in.
It pained me to see how lavish his penthouse was. Made me realize that I could never have this. That I will always have to struggle.

He asked, "What do you want?" Making his way to his kitchen. He grabs a glass from the cabinet and a jug of cold water from the fridge.
Six bottles of beer on his coffee table were proof enough that he had been drinking.

I get to the point because I couldn't hold it in anymore "Stop seeing her. I know you have the power to transfer her to another job in your company where she doesn't have to see you at all. Do that. I don't care where, stop fucking seeing her. Stop being around her. Stop meeting her." And take a deep breath "And stop touching her."
He smiles "What were you doing looking out from her window last night?"

I knew he saw me. I saw them kiss. I saw him look at me with a smile when she left.
Fuck. It took everything to not attack him with the water jug on the island.

He squints his eyes behind his glasses "Why are you even here?" I grit my teeth "To tell you to back off."

"You want me to back off? Would you do it if I tell you to let her run into my arms?"

"Never."

"Then what makes you think that I would give in so easily, you twisted bastard."

I hated so much that he was the only one who could look through no matter how I hide things, he always knew. "I love her. You are just afraid that she'll choose me. Confess it, brother."

"I'm not your brother. You're not my blood."

"Shame. I always thought you were mine until you proved that you weren't my blood."

I burst out "I didn't mean to!"

"You tried to kill Chloe out of jealousy! She was only three months old when you tried to burn her in her crib, Nicklaus. Don't think for a second that everyone has forgotten that. You're lucky that Chloe loves you and isn't afraid of you!" He took a deep breath to cool down his anger "Since that day I knew that jealousy always gets the best of you."

X

HARVEY POV

Jealousy is Nick's biggest enemy that he never tried to conquer.

Since I've met him, jealousy is all that he has. Jealous of his mother being happy with my father.
Jealous that I got a little love from his mom. Jealous that our parents wanted to focus a little more on Chloe instead of him.
Jealous of me.
Jealous of Chloe.
Jealous of mom and dad finding love again.
Jealous of not being smart enough.
Jealous of not being patient enough.
Jealous of me having a little bit of attention.
Jealous of me when I had Lana.

I say calmly "You'll hurt her." He retorts "You don't know that! You don't know how much she loves me!"

"Oh, I do. I know it all too well. But I know you too. You'll hurt her and that's what I'm waiting for. I'm done fighting. She'll come back to me after you break her. I made sure that when that day comes, she'll run into my arms." I step closer to him "And when she's in my arms again, I won't let go. No matter how much you try to get her back with apologies or whatever, I won't let go. I won't make that mistake twice, Nicklaus."

He pauses and then speaks, shaking with rage "You don't love her." I scoff "Listen to yourself, Nick. I love her. You just want her because I had her. You don't love her. She's like a price to you for making me miserable. You're using her, Nick. That's all your doing. You're hurting her." I say again "I love her." He shakes his head, throwing my words back at me "Not more than me. Never more than me."

"You're possessive, Nick. Tell me; what did you do after she came back home? You kissed her, right?" He doesn't even move to answer and that was enough for me to continue "Why do you think you did that? Because you wanted to kiss her? No, you didn't. Because it was a to mark her. To remove my touch from her."

It took everything in to not scream and start punching at him. I gripped the corner of the island hard and he saw it. A smile spreads on his lips "Do I make you angry, brother?" His head tilts "Do you wish to punch me?" He steps closer. Close enough that I could land a punch easily across his face. He twists his face to the side "Go ahead. Punch me. Do it. Will help you with all the rage."

A childish game he played. He wanted me to punch him so he could run to Lana and blame it all on me. His demeanor changed in a flick.

"Go on. I know you want to. Do it. I won't even fight back. Do it. Come on." He said as a way to manipulate me. I say with my teeth gritted "Get. Out. Now." He just laughs and turns around "Stay away from her, Harv, before she leaves your life completely. You know I won't hesitate to do that. Stay away from her." And then he's out the door.

He's gonna ruin her. I know.
And I'm ready to pick up the pieces.

•••••

Are you liking the story?

Swipe up for the next chapter.

Love, Hope
♥️♥️