T H I R T E E N

✨You have my attention because it makes me forget all the bad things✨

You have my attention because it makes me forget all the bad things

"I'm annoyed at the fact that he's acting like he doesn't remember me." I tell Jade as she fixes her lipstick, applying a second coat on her luscious lips. She eyes herself in the mirror left and right "If he doesn't remember you then he is a fucking dick, Alana. Do not give him the satisfaction as if he does something to you, he doesn't deserve you, he doesn't deserve your blushed cheeks and not at all your cuteness." She turns around and I smile at her "I'm serious, he doesn't deserve it. But Harvey on the other hand- give it a chance. Go with the vibe. See where the night takes you." She smiles "This night will either take you to your bedroom or his." I slap on her naked arm which earns me a hiss "What was that for?!"

"You know what!"

She rolls her eyes "I'm sorry. I was making a sex joke. Maybe finally, you will get lucky tonight... for the first time." Then she burst into laughter. She thinks it's funny that I'm still a virgin. My cheeks heat up but I just fix my hair in the mirror. She helps, pulling the curls behind my back, and moves a couple of strands away from my temple "Did I tell you that you look adorable in that jacket?" I smile as I remember the sweet gesture of his. And my heart pounds as I remember us dancing "Jade, we danced, and honestly, it did things to me. My stomach had butterflies for some reason." Then I add "Butterflies, caterpillars, worms, ants- you name it and it was all in me." She snorts and grabs my hand "Come on, let's see how much Harvey has missed you." Winking at me and we began walking towards the door.

X

As we walk through the entrance of the ballroom, my gaze instantly finds Harvey's. He's laughing with his father but stops and looks up at me with a smile. Just for a seconds, my gaze went to Nick and as soon as I look at him, he looks away pays all his attention to his sister. The cold expression of him did things to me that I do not wish to share with anyone.

Approaching the table, I sit beside Harvey and Jade beside me, it doesn't take long before everyone else gets busy in a conversation. Jade, Zara, and Zaki are busy in their world. Mr. and Mrs. Blackstone are just laughing and touching hands and looking at each other with all the love in the world. Chloe and Harvey are busy teasing each other and Nick- he keeps staring at me, sipping his champagne that I found to be a really elegant picture. He dressed in a traditional tux that hugged his body perfectly but without the bow tie. The top buttons were left unclasped, his tan skin on display with the same tattoo peeking through across his collarbone. Vini, Vidi, Vici. He wore those same braided rings on his middle and forefinger. The tattoos were the same- the snake, the rose, and all. He had gotten leaner but bulkier, more muscles, the features of his face got sharper and his eyes remained the same pools of honey. His brown hair got darker and longer to the point a curl rested on his forehead in the sexiest way ever.