F I V E

✨If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you✨

If it doesn't challenge you,
it won't change you

I cringed at the thought of being painted but my cheeks went red at the thought of him looking at me naked and painting me in silk sheets.

He sat there in front of me with hope in his eyes- hope that I'd say yes. I shook my head, shaking my thoughts "Thank you for the offer Mr. Darkling, but no." His smile fell and for some strange reason, I felt bad. I sat uncomfortably with this man in front of me as he stared at me, gazing at me. He takes a thick white piece of paper from his satchel and a pen, writing down something. As he keeps the pen back, he says "Maybe my forwardness is telling you no but I think you can think about it. I only will need three hours of yours and that's it. May I know how long you're here?"

"Twelve more days."

He smiles "Me too. Then I'm off to Italy. You have twelve more days to think about this, I don't even mind painting you in the last hours if I have to." He slides the white paper near me and I look at his name and phone number in blue ink. His cursive writing truly looked like art itself. He says "In case if you change your mind." I shook my head because I was certain "I won't be changing my mind, Mr. Darkling. Goodbye." I grabbed my bag and walked away from him. My palms sweaty- my heart racing ferociously. I made my way towards Jade in the cafe as she talked to some guy, giggling with a bottle of water in her hand. I took money from my purse and gave it to him as I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out with me.

As I did, he still was sitting there, shoulders slumped, head low. He turned to glance at me with a soft smile and walked away from there. Jade asked me "What's wrong, Lana?" I shook my head "Nothing. Can we go back to the hotel room?" She nods and we made our way to it.

X

As we walk inside the room, Jade is suddenly bombarding me with questions "What happened? Did he do something to you? Does somebody need his ass kicked? You tell me and I'm there." I shook my head and said "No," walking into the walk-in closet. I took off my shorts and then took off my bathing suit as I said "It's just- it's just that I find it weird." I heard her outside "What's weird?" I pulled it down my legs and grabbed my pajamas "He asked me to be his muse. Sounds pathetic, I know."

"It does not, Lana."

I put on the pajamas and the shirt, coming out the closet and she will still in her clothes, sprawled across our bed, her head propping in her fist. I asked, "Is it not?" She shakes her head "I'm not saying that you should do it. I'll never push you to these types of things. But think about: we're here, away from our parents, freedom to do whatever we want."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I have to get naked in front of a guy, Jade."

She shakes her hand, sitting up and crossing her legs "I've known you my whole life. And not once, I've seen you do something daring for yourself m. I've never seen you try something new. I know you don't like being pushed out of your comfort zone, but sometimes it's okay to try things. Like me, my goal on this vacation is to find myself. To not think about things twice before I dive into them because that shit is sometimes really annoying. Why can't you try it too?" I rolled myself "Oh please, your goal is to find a mafia leader who turns mushy for you. The only reason you chose this place was because of a mafia book you read based on this city." She snorted because she knew I caught her.