Oh Wow...

...

"...It means...

...you are...

...in love...

...with Satou..."

Oh wow...

     Toritsuka...

     "You're joking, right? B-Because th-that's not possible...it-it can't be true...you-you're lying, you're lying to me aren't you?"

     No...he's not lying...his inner thoughts and his words are telling me the truth. He isn't joking, he isn't pretending, he means what he says...

    But is it true?

     Could I...

     Could I really be...

     "Saiki, believe me, all your symptoms check out. They match perfectly to the forum everyone follows to determine whether or not someone has feelings for another person. It's the laws of nature!"

    "What symptoms, what forum? What laws of nature?! Toritsuka, I don't understand any of this!"

     I got in close to his face.

     "I've been a psychic my whole life. I've never had a crush. I've never experienced romance that involved me, and I most certainly have no idea what it's like to play for the other team or whatever you called it." I blurted out.

     Too many heavy emotions flooded my brain and I was losing control of the words coming out of my head.

"I want to understand how this whole thing works! None of it makes sense, NONE OF IT! Why do human emotions have to be so complicated all the time..."

     A sudden surge of anger and frustration clouded my judgment. I took a deep breath in...

     ...and...

     "YYYYAREEE YAAAAAAREEE!"

     I yelled out loud, into the sky. The intense emotions slowly dissipated as they flew out of my lungs. I forgot who I was temporary.

     I fell back, hitting my back on the ground landing with a heavy thud.

     Toritsuka was taken aback by my sudden uproar. He took a step back, flinched, and covered his ears to block the noise. After I depleted he uncovered his ears and smiled.

     "Heh heh, well that's new. It's to be expected I guess. Love can be overwhelming and confusing, definitely. For someone who spent his whole life probably feeling little to nothing about everything, it's understandable you would act this way."

     I sat up to a sitting position, "Huh? What do you mean? Is this normal? Does this happen to other people often?"

     Toritsuka laughed.

     "Yeah, sort of! Well, at least for you. You say you've never had a crush before, really? What about Teruhashi?"

     I shook my head. I know what she's really like. I can read her mind, and she draws way too much attention to herself. Nothing I'm interested in.

     Satou on the other hand...

     Mm...

     "Huh? What's wrong, Saiki? You look sick. Your face is all red." Toritsuka stated with a worried look.