025

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

025. noble

Kai had no intentions of entertaining useless nobles.

"If you're willing to invest, then do as you please." He said ignorantly. He can grant himself all the connections of the world, why should he settle for a poor-willed noble who can't even climb himself up Mariejois?

"I heard plenty of things about you from other Marines! They fear you." The noble persisted. "I just need you to protect me everywhere I go and I shall award you generously. What'd you say? I may even be able to put in a good word for you to the Celestial Dragons."

Kai's mood soured immediately.

There was a reason why he didn't want to jump into the rank of Vice-Admiral, it was mainly because of these entitled nobles who think they can control world with money and status alone.

They have no power. A single punch to his neck would render him dead, Kai wouldn't even need to use his quirk to grant the man a visit to hell.

"Do you take me for a fool?" He growled. "What does it mean for me if you put me in a good word to those snobbish cockroaches?" Kai was furious and hell for the noble was inevitable as he cowered away.

"H-How dare you call the great celestial beings 'snobbish cockroaches'?!" The noble stammered on his first few syllables. "Monkey D. Kai, do you have a death wish?!"

"What can you do? You're simply a pathetic man hiding behind his family's name. Strip you off of your title and status, and you're no better than a worm. Even a worm would be offended to be compared to you." Kai scoffed rudely, hostility clear in his tone. "I have no need for people like you."

"Where do you get the arrogance?! Is it because you are a Vice-Admiral? Are you backed by someone to have such confidence?!" The man was basically seething.

Kai's eyes glinted darkly.

Backed by someone? He only has himself to rely on.

Tugging the fingertips of his gloves, he intimidated the man, feeling the strong urge to torture him beyond his wits so that he wouldn't dare to disrespect him again.

"Would you like to know?"

The noble backed away, visibly frightened but still grasped to his remaining dignity.

"Get away from me! I'll let the World Government know, I'll let the whole noble society know! And before you know it, you'll be expelled, hanged, or even executed. There's no mercy for you now, Monkey D. Kai!" The man even managed to do a sinister grin.

Does he seriously think he has the upper hand in this situation?

Kai felt embarrassed for him.

"Since you've been kind enough to tell me all these petty threats that has been giving you the confidence and the hallucination that you can defeat me-- I shall treat you with the uttermost hospital-ity." His yellow eyes glinted in the dark as he shuts the lights of the secluded room, pulling off his glove and effortlessly disassembling the man into bits, making him into a mere oblivion of human puzzle pieces.