013

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

013. overpowered

As soon as a certain boy with dark locks passed through the main doors of a particular office, lower-ranked marines started bowing, either from respect and fear or simply because Kai had spread his hold over the organization and has spiked them newfound obedience.

Being the youngest Vice-admiral there is, Monkey D. Kai was fairly known. Not only was he the Marine hero's grandson, but he was also a rising star who has made his name despite only being 16 at the time. He was a force to be reckon with.

But today, it was not an ordinary day for the Marines.

In fact, Garp and the people he forced to join in was involved with whatever it was today. It's not like Kai gave a care, it was just another day for him.

"Happy 18th birthday!" Garp yelled as soon as Kai reached the public desk, he was about to give the boy a massive hug but as usual‐- Kai dodged and went to pick up something from the table, which so happens to be the news coo.

"Happy birthday, Kai." Tsuru greeted politely, she didn't know what to think of the boy in all honesty. He was an astounding vice admiral and really gets the job well done, but he was also her good friend's grandson.

Youngsters these days aren't affectionate enough. Every single one of them are troublesome.

"Happy birthday." Sengoku went to pat the boy's back.

Kai didn't bother to look as he kept his eyes on the news. "Disinfection."

"Huh? Oh." It clicked to Sengoku before he could place a hand on Kai's shoulder. He momentarily forgot that the boy was germaphobic and tends to get serious about it all the time.

"What're you checking out at this time of day? We should be celebrating! And you can finally have your first glass of strong alcohol." Garp peered behind him.

"I'm looking for a nameless pirate." Kai informed. He was waiting for Luffy's name to show up. Luffy should be 17 now since Kai heard he celebrated about 2 weeks ago from Garp.

He knows that the real deal of this era would start in this year. It was only a coincidence that both of them were coming on terms with their goals this year.

If Luffy ever makes it to the newspaper, then he'll contact Dragon. Like his plan. That was why he was anticipating the rubber monkey's pirate debut.

"Sake?"

"I don't drink." Kai told off. It was more like he drinks expensive ones with exquisite taste than a typical sake sold outside that isn't even guaranteed to be clean.

"Ah, we didn't get to have the Admirals join us in the celebration."

"I have no interest in celebrating." The birthday boy stated bluntly. "I need to get work done as soon as possible. There's no room for parties." And just like that, the boy was already gone.

Garp scratched the back of his neck upon seeing his attitude. He then shrugged.

Dragon's sons were an odd bunch.

"Get me the donuts!" He nagged one of the officers, ready to eat the sweets all to himself.

LUFFY'S DEBUT

000000. pirate king

After getting his distance from those weirdos who make birthdays such a big deal, Kai looked out at the sea as he stood by his very own office. He was 18 now, and Luffy should be 17 already since more than 2 weeks ago.

He doesn't understand why the monkey was still not on the newspaper making name for himself, or perhaps he overestimated Luffy's potential? No, it's Luffy, he was made as if everything was meant to go his way.

Kai can officially set his plans into track once he gets ahold of Luffy's start of journey, he just wonders what was taking him so long.

That rubber monkey should hurry up before Kai does it himself. He was getting increasingly impatient, thinking of this plan, imagining it again and again incase of any potential errors since he was born into this world-- of course he would lose his patience just to wait for a simple trigger point of events.

He honestly doesn't see what Shanks saw in Luffy. Sure, he radiated off potential. But he was an idiot, he doesn't think at all.

In cue, an officer came in, not before knocking, of course-- it was an unspoken rule that before entering Kai and disturbing his peace, one has to knock and get his approval.

And the officer happened to work under Kai.

"What is it?" He asked sharply, not in the best mood. The officer didn't hesitate to speak up in fear of worsening the atmosphere.

"A new pirate who fits in your description was sighted near Cocoyasi Village, one captain is turning in the wanted poster now."

"Really?" Kai arched a brow. The officer immediately nodded. "A strawhat with a red band, scar under his eye, and wears an obnoxious smile?"

"Exactly as you described, Vice Admiral."

"The name?"

"Monkey D. Luffy."

That was it. Kai finally got a hold of his so-called brother's whereabouts and this is where all the fun starts. He can have a reason to contact Dragon now and manipulate him into his liking, and then he'll make a move on to execute the immediate plan.

"Good. . . Good." Kai sat back, his hands clasped against each other as the shaking marine still stood a good 6 feet away. "Tell Sengoku-san that I'll be taking a day off."

Not questioning it, the officer thought that it was simply because it was Kai's birthday.

As soon as the officer left, Kai reached for his own den den mushi that was used for private calls, meaning it was disposable with no evidences to be traced.

He can finally make a move.

Now, the only thing he has to mark on his calendar is World Evolution.