xxxiv

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"HOW YOU feelin'?" Von questioned as he sat across from Peace

"HOW YOU feelin'?" Von questioned as he sat across from Peace. The two were seated in Ruth Chris Steakhouse. This had been the first time the had seen each other since the hospital incident and he was happy as ever.

"I'm—" Peace started before rubbing her index finger down her nose.

"Youn' gotta' talk about it if youn' want to P." Von spoke lowly as he watched her move her fork around on her food.

"It's cool." Peace mumbled. "I'm— I don't even know."

"I'ca understand that." He mumbled. "I had Grandbabii and shit. He said he missed you."

Peace hadn't seen her baby since she was in the hospital. She had sent him with Eboni since she didn't feel like being around anyone at the moment. Her mental health was all over the place and she didn't want Amaru to see her like that.

"I feel so bad—"

"Don't. I told him what was goin' on he cool." Von smiled softly as he stared at her.

"Thank you." Peace whispered lowly. "I just— I can't explain it."

"I get it P."

"I didn't even take it in consideration that you had lost a baby too, I just blamed you and I'm so sorry." Peace whispered lowly. "I'm so scared. Every time I close my eyes I can see them jumping. Every time I try to eat something, I can feel that box cutter being lodged in me."

"I'm so mad I wasn't there." He spoke lowly. "I was so happy for that baby. I wasn't really around during my babymomma's pregnancy's, I wanted to experience everything wit' you."

"We can try—" Peace started excitedly before she remembered, that she couldn't carry another child.

"It's cool P. Don't work yourself up ma'." He spoke softly as he reached over the table caressing her face. "Ian' tryna make you sad or none I'm just tryna check on yo' mental ma'."

"I'm just taking it one day at a time." She smiled softly.

"That's good ma'." He spoke lowly. "You wish that foreal? That you never met me and shit?"

"No." She spoke lowly. "In that moment I did because I was angry and that was the second time my brother had to see me like that."

"I get it ma'." He spoke. "You all well."

"How are you feeling?"