xii

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"SO HOW DID you like your first plane ride?" Peace asked Amaru as they sat in their hotel room

"SO HOW DID you like your first plane ride?" Peace asked Amaru as they sat in their hotel room. "Why you look sad baby?"

"Von don't like me no more?" Amaru questioned as he rubbed his eyes feeling himself about to cry. He hadn't seen Von in about three weeks and today he was starting to miss him way more than usual.

"Why you say that Ru?"

"He don't come see me no more." He shrugged. The boy had went from seeing his bestfriend everyday to not seeing him at all and that hurt his feelings.

"Come on Ru don't let that ruin your day." Peace sighed. She hated that she let Von get close to Amaru with knowledge that he could leave them any day.

"Can I call him?"

"Yeah." Peace spoke. "Grab your iPad so I can give you his number."

Amaru smiled softly running to his side of the room grabbing his iPad. Once he had put his password he pressed the '+' icon in the corner.

"Ok, Peace I'm ready."

"It's 708-xxx-xxxx." She spoke lowly as she walked out of the room, into the bathroom once she heard the phone ringing.

DAYVON FROWNED lightly looking at the unknown iCloud that was FaceTiming his phone. He covered the camera before sliding the button to answer the phone.

"Hello." One of his favorite voices spoke as he removed his finger from the camera.

"Wassup twinnnn." Von stretched as he looked at Amaru in the camera.

"You're mean Von." Amaru spoke making Von frown.

"What I do?"

"You don't come see me anymore. I have to get a new twin now." Amaru spoke shrugging his shoulders.

"I'll beat you and your new twin." Von spoke making Amaru laugh. "I miss you man what you doing?"

"Me and Peace are in California." Amaru spoke slowly pronouncing California.

"Y'all havin' fun?" He questioned trying not to ask anything about Peace.

"Not yet. We just got here." Amaru shrugged.

"Where Peace at?"

"She's on the phone with Nanny." Amaru spoke. "When are you comin' back to my house? Peace don't know how to play the game."

"Whenever y'all come back ima' come see you."