29.

Isabella

Isabella felt peace when she was with Draco.

It was unusual for Isabella to fall asleep next to someone she trusted. She was used to sleeping on the edge, waiting for the fateful moment when she would be hurt again. She wasn't the type to never look behind her back. It had become second nature to her.

She didn't mind that the couch wasn't big enough for a comfortable amount of cushion for two people. Draco's arm was wrapped around her waist, bringing her dangerously close to his muscular frame. Her back pressed against his front, and she could almost feel his six-pack through the thin material of his shirt, which she was wearing. His head was resting softly against her neck, and his breath tickled her skin, making her shiver with delight.

For the first time in a long time, she awoke with no sense of paranoia. She was at ease in his arms. Their bodies moulded perfectly against each other, as if each curve was designed to fit like a puzzle piece with the other. Her small smile grew into a full-fledged one as he squeezed her closer to him, legs tangled with one another, and she cuddled even more against him.

He hadn't gotten out of bed yet, but that didn't matter. She'd lay patiently until the sleep left his body because all she wanted to do was stay in his arms, and if he drew away once awake, she'd wish he'd stay asleep forever.

She'd die in that beautiful boy's arms.

She carefully slid their hands together, bringing her hands to toy with his left hand, which was resting on her soft stomach. She gently held it while tracing patterns on the back of his hand.

A soft groan came from behind her, and she came to a halt as she watched Draco shuffle a little. His hand slipped away from her waist as he yawned, stretching both arms. Her shoulders sagged slightly as she realised the warmth that had kept her safe was no longer completely present. She turned slowly, not wanting to be dramatic, before making eye contact with his hardened gaze. She bit her lower lip, a blush on her cheeks, and offered a small, harmless smile.

As the fog lifted and he became aware of his surroundings, his gaze softened into a gentle stare. Her stiff figure immediately melted and relaxed as a result of it. The smirk was more prominent than the small smile that danced across his lips. He snaked his arm around her waist like he was asleep before crushing their bodies as close as possible.

Luckily, he too, prefered no space between them.

"Good morning." he said softly, his lips brushing against the tip of her ear.

She tensed once more as thoughts that she knew were not the most innocent entered her mind. She tilted her head up and smiled as she brought her hands up to rest flat against his chest.

"Good morning." she said softly, her mood brighter than ever.

He watched as her gaze moved down to his lips before turning her head away from his gaze so he wouldn't notice her desire to kiss him.

He gently pushed her head towards him, bringing the hand that wasn't draped across her hip to cup her chin, before placing a very faint kiss against her lips. It wasn't a kiss that sealed their relationship for good. He was merely testing the waters.

He drew back, opening his eyes at the same time as she did, and noticed how her eyes were wide with shock. She honestly believed that what happened last night was just one of her fantasies that she had dreamed about. She felt her soul leave her body when his lips actually came down to graze hers. It was almost as if he was removing it from her for safekeeping. To make sure she'd always find her way back to him.

His eyes were filled with doubt, and she realised she hadn't really reacted much to his kiss. She immediately leant forwards to initiate the next kiss, and once their lips made contact, he regained control. He softly kissed her with a delicate passion that made her feel as if she were receiving kisses from the Seven Sins, rolling above her and propping himself on his elbows.