5.

Isabella

Isabella's tired and aching body walked across the courtyard. She ate her lunch while sitting in the deserted area.

And she went about her business for the rest of the day.

She kept her head down, afraid to make eye contact with anyone. That was an invitation to inflict even more pain on her. She walked all the way to the warehouse after leaving the school. It served as a safe haven for her. She found solace in the silence that surrounded her.

She looked to the pillar besides the punching bag in the centre of the room as she walked over to it.

My breaths will come to a stop when the fan stops.

She let out a breath she hadn't realised she was holding while gently grazing her fingers over the scratched up words.

"That fan isn't going to stop. I'll make certain of it." She muttered.

She wished she knew who the boy who she saw leave the building every night was. The darkness of the night consumed them both, and the flickering street lights did nothing to help them. But she was aware that he was muscular. His height had to be at least 6'2, and she could see his muscles against his tight-fitting shirts. The only thing she could make out of his face were his eyes. She didn't know what colour they were, but after seeing some light reflect off them, she knew she wanted to see his eyes one day.

When she realised it was 6 p.m., she dashed out the door, not wanting the boy or anyone else to see her.

Look at her, she's broken and terrified.

She entered the opulent mansion and climbed the stairs to her small, dingy room. It was like being in an old attic.

Because everyone knew Isabella didn't deserve such luxuries.

Working three part-time jobs to support herself while living with a family worth billions says a lot about her place in the world.

She walked into the room, her posture relaxed, completely unaware of the man who was waiting in her room.

Her Father.

She froze when she saw him. Her face was grim, and she was filled with fear.

He got out of his chair and yelled at her for being late. Telling her she was a waste of time. He dragged her out of her room with his fist full of her hair before shoving her down the stairs.

Each hit was more damaging than the one before it. Her cries became quieter and quieter as he hurt her more and more. She was learning not to whine. Being taught to be obedient. However, the agony was unbearable. So she kicked him back and ran without thinking.

In the direction of the front door and out of the house.

Running back to the warehouse. Because she had no other place to call home but the quiet, worn-out place. Her steps were audible, and it was clear she wasn't in the best of health. It wasn't a good idea to flee after being beaten. She screamed and ran into the building, out of breath. Her entire body was trembling.

A panic attack has occurred.

Her tears blurred her vision, and all she saw was a distorted figure speaking.

A boy.

Draco

Draco was a little frazzled and, to be honest, annoyed that someone had interrupted his attempt to vent his frustrations. He clenched his teeth, not wanting to yell at whoever had entered the room. He almost did, but he wasn't in the mood to be disturbed.

Until he noticed the person who came in.

A girl.

Her hair and clothes were a shambles. Her shirt was ripped in a way that indicated someone had attempted to pull her back.

To whoever she was fleeing.

As she attempted to walk further into the building, her body shook and her legs became weak. Her hiccups were gentle, as were her sobs. But the tears streaming down her cheeks made it clear she was in pain. He approached her cautiously, unsure of what to say.

"Are you alright?" But his words went unheard because her ears were ringing and the pounding in her head was driving her insane.

The violent tremblings made him realise she wasn't in her right mind.

She was experiencing a panic attack.

His eyes widened instantly, and he dashed over. He knew that crowding her would only make her feel more panicked and fearful. He took a more cautious approach, and when her body collapsed on the ground, folding in on itself, he sat down besides her before gently pushing a strand of hair away from her sweat-stained face. Although he couldn't see much of her face, her body continued to shake.

"It's fine." he murmured quietly.

He spoke softly, attempting to console the young lady, and rubbed the area of her back where her heart would be.

"Breathe." he said quietly.

"Just take a breath." She slowly uncurled from herself as he told her what she needed to do to stop her panic attack.

Her body was no longer shaky, and she could finally hear properly. The tears remained, and once she sat up, she managed to mumble a 'thank you' in his direction before sobbing softly to herself.

He carefully wrapped his arms around her, just testing the waters before whispering in her ear. He told her to let it all out. His tone was calm, but commanding. Soft but tenacious. Her body, on the other hand, felt frail. Her body was frail. As a result, her body slumped against his for support and comfort.

His body's warmth was a novel sensation for her.

He leant back against the wall behind them, holding her in his arms. Her head was tucked beneath his chin, and her tiny hands scrunched the collar of his shirt, refusing to let go. Because, after so long, she needed something other than silence to comfort her.

Even though she hadn't yet seen his face, Isabella found solace in Draco Malfoy.

They finally met. This makes me very happy.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a comment or vote. I'm open to following you as well.. but it's entirely up to you! I'm just grateful you're reading my book.

To be honest, writing this book puts me in a bad mood. But I'm okay with it because I'm enjoying it so far.

I adore you! 🤍