Thirty- One

Wedding bells chime

Violet was holding me as she slept. I know she was very afraid. But I know this as well that she has no idea about the attack that was meant for her. I don't wish that she goes into another induced labor. Any kind of stress can be damaging for her.

 I don't want to repeat the incidents of her last pregnancy. She had barely survived it. I pulled away from her it was almost six in the morning and in a few hours, we are going to take the vows in the ceremony. I don't know how I am going to pull this one off but I need to.

I met Samuel and Landon later that day. "I am very sorry for the incident Night. I should have known something like this can happen. You had entrusted me with your family and I had failed you. Looks like I am disappointing everyone around me nowadays." He told me. His voice sounded so sad. "Leona and you fought once again?"

"Sometimes I don't even know what we are angry about. But I know we are fighting. And that escalated like every other time we fight. And I have said things to her that I shouldn't. But then the thing is I didn't stop even when I saw how bad she had felt I should have stopped. I should have considered that she can feel bad like I can. But I have no idea what had come over me. I was not in my senses. And from there everything had gone downhill. What to say, I have no idea that this was the outcome of this all." Landon told us.

I patted his back. "Look, take from someone who knows this if you do not have someone to share your life with, it doesn't matter what rights you do eventually, it will lose its purpose and interest. Loneliness is the biggest killer of enthusiasm and determination. And if you kill yourself over that again and again it is only going to get worse that's all I know. And I do know it very much well enough. 

So trust me and whatever is happening now, if there is a chance you can make it right then make it right. I don't know why you both are fighting but there can be nothing more important than this relationship this little thing you should know and you should always make your first priority." He nodded looking in the distance as if he was reliving something from his past.

Ezra handed me my tux. Finally, I am going to get married and after all the odds we have faced it is doable. Something I can make Violet happy with and that is something I need to do because she comes first in every situation. No matter what it is. "You look good for a guy who is about to marry for the third time." I chuckled. 

"It was almost wedding, I never was married anyone before Violet." Ezra chuckled " Does she know about your almost wedding with that college crush of yours? The missus is going to be very angry knowing that she isn't the first one and that you haven't told her about..." "About what? Lucian, shall we know something about you?" Rosa asked me.

There are many things you need to know but you don't. No one does other than Violet and Landon. Landon was not the one I wished to tell but since he is the one handling this all from a securities point of view he became instantly eligible to know about my past in vast measure. " Nothing of such, is she ready?" I asked. 

"Yes, almost ready. And I came here to give you this, she is wearing something matching to this. I am not going to tell you what." She handed me a blue tie. "Come soon the proceedings are about to begin soon." With that said she left us, boys.

"Nervous?" Samuel asked who was wearing a white tux like me. I opted for white because it was something Violet had been chosen for me a long time ago. She told me whoever she will marry would be wearing a white tux and cowboy boots. That sounded a little funny coming out of the mouth of a sixteen-year-old girl. Her dreams had been wild then also. But I do remember so I am going to give her exactly how she had envisioned her groom.