Seven

Bitter truth

I walked towards the room where I can hear my fellow comrades' voices. They were celebrating our victory. We had just taken out a huge shipment of c4. They looked at me and greeted me. "That was good hunting boys I am so proud of you," I told them. "We are ready for the next intel Sir. It was a good warm-up exercise." I smiled at them. "You all will get your chance. I promise. Now, we will go home tomorrow at first light."

I heard something coming from outside. The camp was silent. So, I was confused so where did everyone go? Then I heard them one after another. Their screams coming from the forest that surrounded the cabin. I ran out and then I saw my comrades, all of them are covered in blood. "S...sir r...run"

My eyes opened and then I found myself alone in my room. I was covered in sweat. Those screams felt so real. It felt so real that I can feel that blood on my hands. I walked towards Violet's room. And then as every day I have settled down and watched her sleeping form. She was crying before she slept and somehow, I was responsible for that.

Then I heard Christopher's cries. It will wake her up. And she needs to rest. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms. I felt him stop and look at me. His big green eyes were looking at me. I took him out of the room. I didn't want to wake Violet up by mistake.

"It's alright Chris, daddy had got you." I rocked him back and forth. "You are very beautiful my son." I kissed his forehead. "My beautiful boy. My beautiful son." I don't know when I fell asleep cradling him in my arms.

When I woke up, I found myself alone again. And then I felt Christopher wasn't in my arm. I panicked and begin looking for him all around the house. And then I found Lucas was playing with him. I sighed in relaxation as I walked towards them. "Lucas, did you picked him up?" He shook his head. "The lady picked him up when you were sleeping." Violet, she picked him up?

That means she saw me with him. Then why didn't she said anything yet? I walked inside my room and I saw Violet was taking out something from my closet. "What are you doing?" She jumped hearing my voice. And then she turned around looking timid and afraid. "I... I was"

I don't know why it felt like she was about to cry. I haven't touched her or hit her. I will not touch her. Not like this. She was never ready to take me on the full scale. She would never have understood what I needed. But I never loved her any less for that. I only wanted what she can give me. I never asked for anything that I wanted to have. I wish she would have understood that.

I saw she was holding something. It was my belt. Then all of a sudden, she sat down on her knees with her hands over her thighs. "Master, forgive me I didn't want to disobey you." I took the belt from her hand. She kept looking down. "Look at me Violet" She looked up with a wild expression in her eyes. "Master, are you going to punish me?"

"No Violet, I am not. I am not going to touch you. Not going to hit you. I will not do any of those things because you don't have that right to call me your master any more. You hold only one identity in my life, it is my wife. It is what the world knows. Nothing more. I thought I have made myself clear on that." I told her as she kept looking at me with wild eyes.

"Master, do I not excite you anymore? Do you not want to hit me? Do you not want to punish me? I remember when you did it last time. But that was nothing compared to what he will do to me if he finds out what I did." She said not blinking her eye or avoiding eye contact with me. "Who did what to you?" I asked curiously. "What are you hiding from me, Violet?"

She snapped her head in my direction. "You want to know? I will tell you. But it is not free. What will I get in return?" I sighed. She is betting me into doing something. I have no idea what was going on with her. "I wasn't aware of having a relationship with you where we trade for secrets Violet. I wasn't aware of that at all." I told her. After a while, I looked away from her. "Very well then Violet, you will not enter my room again without my permission."