Chapter 14

Sam's POV

Once Ollie and I are dressed and ready for school we head out. Leah and Ash follow as we pass their houses on our way down the road. "See you fixed your bike," Ash nods to Leah as we all get off the bikes and take our helmets off.

"Yeah," Leah nods, "How'd that recipe turn out?"

"Oh, it was awesome," Ash makes a few big gestures as we walk inside. "You guys should come over after school and try it!"

"We're getting more of Oliver's stuff today but we could come over after if you want," I shrug and Ollie nods, smiling.

"Sweet," they nod.

"I don't wanna be too forward here but what actually happened?" Leah steps in. "Like how the hell did Oliver's dad even find out before you could tell him?"

"Danny," Ollie and I say in unison with two different tones, his being less angry.

"Of course," Leah scoffs.

"I thought he was your friend?" Ash says it more as a question.

"He was never a good friend and you know how mad he was when I started hanging out with you guys," Ollie shrugs.

"That fucker," Leah shakes her head with anger written all over her face. "He had to out more people."

"Wait, he's done it before?" Ollie looks confused.

"He told my family I'm bi," Leah nods.

"Told my mom I was trans," I add. "She was okay with it but we both wanted me to tell her." The three of my friends nod in agreement.

"We could beat him up for you," Ash shrugs and I can't tell if they're joking or not.

"No," Ollie lets a slight giggle slip. "We're handling everything and it's not like my dad would've reacted differently if I told him myself."

"Okay," we all go to our classes and the first few hours of the day go by quicker than usual. Once lunch rolls around we all get our food and sit at our usual table.

"Do you guys wanna hang out this weekend?" Leah asks. "I got an idea for the garage but I need help."

"I'm down," Ash nods.

"Sure," Ollie shrugs, fixing his glasses.

"What's the idea?" I ask after nodding.

"I was thinking we could clean out all the junk, fix up some of the broken spots, and put in some LED lights and stuff," she shrugs. "Just make it cooler and more comfortable to hang out in."

"Yeah that sounds awesome," Ash takes one of Leah's fries with a smirk as she sends them a look that could kill. Leah almost jumps over the table to tackle them as Danny walks behind them, sending his own glare towards Oliver and me. His glare turns to a smirk as he seems to get an idea.

We spend the rest of lunch talking about plans for the garage after Leah and Ash stop fighting over the fry and once it's over we all go to our next classes. The last three classes go by slower than the first with Danny constantly looking back and smirking at me any chance he gets. Considering how often he's been staring at me and how obsessed with Oliver he is, I think he might have a crush.

I can't help but smirk at the thought. Nah, he just hates us.

When the final bell rings, my friends and I walk to our bikes together and sit on them, leaving them off for the moment. Before starting the bikes we all agree that Ollie and I will join Leah and Ash at Ash's house after we get Ollie's stuff.

"See 'ya," Ash gives a slight wave before we all start our engines and put helmets on to leave.

Ollie and I head to his house after he checks to make sure his mom hasn't sent any warnings about his dad. As we pull into the driveway Ollie's mom is already out the door and heading towards us. Once the engine stops and we get off the bike, helmets in our hands, Mrs. Smith wraps her arms around each of us separately before pulling us both into a group hug.