Chapter 7

Oliver's POV

After Sam and I stopped talking I couldn't get any sleep. I haven't been able to stop thinking about Sam and whether or not I actually am gay. 

Maybe I am gay? Every time Sam smirks it makes my heart skip a beat and last night... He wouldn't stop making me blush at the park. I have fun hanging out with him. But what does that mean? I could just like him as a friend. Even if I am gay. I wouldn't be able to tell anyone. Especially not my dad. He would kill me. I sigh and decide to get out of bed, putting my glasses on. I brush my teeth and throw on a simple shirt and jeans before pulling out my book and reading. As I finish the book a soft knock comes from my door. "Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" Mom asks in a gentle tone.

"Yeah," I nod and she opens the door, sitting on the edge of my bed as I set my book on my nightstand.

"I wanted to let you know, your dad went to work an hour ago so you'll need to find a ride or you could walk. It's supposed to be warm today," I nod. "You're ready for school?" She just now notices that I'm dressed.

"Yeah, I figured I would get ready since I can't sleep," I shrug.

"Why can't you sleep?"

"Just, a lot on my mind. I'm okay, though. Promise," I smile to reassure her. "It's just high school stuff, y'know."

"Okay," she nods and stands from my bed. "Well, whatever it is, you can talk to me."

"I know, Mom," I nod. "Thanks." She leaves my room and I get up to get my phone before sitting on the edge of my bed to text Sam.

O: Can you pick me up on your way to school?

After a few minutes, Sam replies.

S: sure I'll text you before I head out

After getting the situation settled I leave my room, finding Mom on the couch in her pajamas with the box of DVDs in front of her. "Whatcha' doin'?" I ask as I sit next to her.

"Picking a movie to watch," she looks through the DVDs.

"What about this one?" I point at the old copy of Cry Baby.

"Sure," I take the DVD and put it into the DVD player before grabbing the remote to switch the TV over so I can play the movie. Mom and I start watching the movie without saying anything but by the time King Cry Baby plays, we're both belting out the lyrics.

In the middle of Doin' Time for Bein' Young my phone goes off and I stop singing to read that Sam's on his way, "Okay, Sam's on his way here," I tell Mom as I stand up. "I'll see you when I get home. Love you." I hug her goodbye before grabbing my bag and putting my shoes on.

"Okay, I'll see you later today. Have a good day and your dad gets out at seven so be home before then," I give her a nod as I open the door.

Sam pulls in front of the house as I step off the slight edge of the door frame. He stops the bike as I approach. "I got you something," I can't see his face through the helmet but I know he's smiling. He moves his arm from beside his bike, the engine softly rumbling as he holds out a black helmet just like his but with violet instead of red and the lines are slightly thicker.

"You got me a helmet?" I take the helmet from him with a slight smile.

"Yeah, you keep riding with me, figured we should both be safe," he shrugs.

Before I can stop myself, my arms are around his neck and his are around my waist. "Thank you," I tell him as we separate.

"No problem, now let's get to school," I put my glasses in my bag before slipping my new helmet over my head, this one fits just about perfectly on my head. I manage to clip the strap without help this time before getting behind Sam and wrapping my arms around him as he pulls away from my house.