Chapter 102

Chapter 102 - Stupefied

On the day that the structures for the sea community were burned as tribute to the Underworld, the ghosts were very excited as they gathered around to watch it happen. As each enormous cruise ship appeared upon the sea, the undead masses who floated at the edge of the shore boiled with excitement!

They had been waiting for countless days, thinking about when they would be able to move into their new home. Now that they finally saw its appearance, their reaction was: isn’t this too luxurious?!

The undead who chose to move into the offshore community naturally registered their belongings as payment, and they were thus recorded in the category of ‘settled citizens’ who were not willing to transcend for the time being.

In contrast, there were also some undead who felt they had seen enough of life as ghosts and wanted to ‘depart’ from the world. These undead gathered at the place where the Orcs of Sarna had been imprisoned, and waited for Xu Yao to send them off, onto their next journey.

The Orcs who had originally been imprisoned at the site had already been sent into reincarnation circle through Xu Yao’s powers. There were no longer any undead Orcs on Huaxia.

Xu Yao and Le Yao were also not the same ‘people’ as they previously had been. The things that they would be unable to accomplish together in the past could now be done by just one person. There was no longer even a need for ceremonies, just two or three spells were enough to aid thousands of souls in their transcension.

As there were no longer any undead Orcs to guard, the soldiers on duty had instead been tasked with maintaining order in the Underworld itself. It could be said that they had become the first group of ghost sentinels after this reconstruction of the Underworld, with Shen Weilin being their leader.

As for Ji Fengyu, Bei Hongli, Song He, Wang Feixia, and the others, they naturally had chosen to focus on the development of various businesses within the Underworld. Supermarkets, hotels, teahouses, clothing and hat shops, shoe shops and other recreational stores were opened. All of these stores would serve to diversify the Underworld again, allowing more undead people to have jobs to do instead of idling around every day.

Previously there had been no place to buy or sell things, but now, everything was different.

A number of soldiers were responsible for providing all kinds of goods to the Underworld and ghosts would trade for these items using the locations of their buried antiques, in addition to abiding by the new laws of the Underworld. It was that simple.

That night Le Yao said to Xu Yao, “Today, I tried designing a new light brain model with Yan Jie. Look at all the functions we added. I hope it’ll be a success this time. Otherwise, with so many ghosts wanting to register, soon Ji Fengyu will die from the exhaustion of writing too much.”

“If all these specifications were included, then there shouldn’t be any big problems. And… about this matter, there’s something else I want to tell you.” Xu Yao patted his pillow. “Come on, don’t look at that string of data anymore. Can you also pay attention to me?” For the first time, Mr General’s voice was laced with a groundbreaking sadness.

“How can you be this cute?” Le Yao said, as he climbed into the bed and intertwined his leg with Xu Yao’s, “Tell me, what’s the matter?”

“I may need to make a trip back to Tarot after the relocation of the camp is finalized. I want to try and move the Blessing Tree to Huaxia.”

“Move the Blessing Tree?!” Le Yao’s mouth fell open in surprise, “Are you talking about the Blessing Tree in Xingdu’s Fu Ta Yuan?”

What a devil of an idea!