Chapter 023

Chapter 023 - Subversion Imagination

It was already midnight when Le Yao and Xu Yao arrived at home. They really saw the change of Tang Ye’s wound with their naked eyes and were sure to go home after he seemed to get better. When they got home, they didn’t rest or go to bed immediately, but prepared the things for the next day.

To draw the rune on the talisman, you needed to invite Gods to give blessing on it. And to invite them, you absolutely needed incense stick. So Le Yao was not only making the various fragrant powders, but also boiling the glue from glutinous rice floor. He was terribly busy for the night.

As for Xu Yao, when such a big thing happened, he naturally wanted to discuss the matter with his subordinates. The general didn’t rest, let alone the subordinate. Although he couldn’t tell these people about Le Yao’s matter in detail, there were some special people in Huaxia star that he trusted the most, so he let them know.

“Brother Xu, you mean does this planet really have undead?” Asked Zhang Xuwei, the head of the light mecha regiment.

“Yes, I know this thing is hard to understand.” Xu Yao said calmly, “I will let you see it personally in two days. Then you’ll know whether it’s true or not.”

“But this is the first time something like this happen in our whole division, although we had been here for several years. Before… ”

“It’s not certainly the first time, it’s just the first outbreak.” When Xu Yao knew that this matter happened after Le Yao came, and his performance this night also made people suspicious, it was inevitable that the subordinates had all kinds of doubts to him. But he believed they would understand in the future. They were not just ordinary people who has followed him until now.

“I don’t think it’s a good thing.” At this time, Uncle Ming said, “Think about it, we have been staying here for several years and assigned to look for the “Heart of the Sparrow”. We often encounter some abnormal energy fluctuations. Only a small part of it occurs during the day, and most of it occurs at night. Just now, the general also said that the dead will only come out at night. Is there a possibility that the fluctuation is related to those dead? How else would the fluctuations disappear as soon as the sun comes out?”

“Uncle Ming’s guess is similar to mine. In a word, nothing will be absolutely good, but it will not be absolutely bad either. For the time being, it seems that there should be more benefits for us, so you don’t have to be too conflicted.” said Xu Yao.

“I understand.” Liu Yi nodded.

“How about the others?” Xu Yao asked.

“Understand! / Got it!”

Xu Yao got up and said, “Okay, I’ll be going then. My little wife should be still working on something to wake up the two guards tomorrow. I need to go back and help him.”

Zhang Xuwei asked, “General, can I help you?”

Xu Yao was about to say no, but before he could make a sound, there came a helpless and pitiful voice from outside, “General… General, are you busy? Can you come out first?”

Xu Yao immediately got up and went out, “What’s the matter?”

Le Yao scratched his face which was full of tiny red marks. He saw Uncle Ming also coming out with the other deputy heads of the regiment and said sheepishly, “I’m sorry to disturb your meeting. Well… there is a snake inside the house. Can you help me to drive it away first? It just stays in the kitchen and I can’t do anything.”

No matter how frightening the ghost, he was not afraid of it. But even the most frightening ghost in the underworld still couldn’t be compared with a snake! So scary ah!