𝖦𝗁𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗈

𝖬𝖺𝗂𝗅𝗒𝗇𝗇

Of course I'd been living with Kalyce for like five days since my family decided I was being stuck up.

Not like I really cared they never notice when I was there or gone anyway.

"Girl is that the Theo you was telling me about?" Kalyce asked. Pointing at a blue eyed guy.

"Yes it absolutely is hide me." I spoke trying to make myself look different while stuffing things into my locker.

"Damn." The guy next to me said when I accidentally stepped on his toe.

"Oh my bad I didn't see anyone right here I was rushing." I said apologizing to the guy beside me.

"nah it's straight..my name Martez." He said cheesing.

"that's right the new boy star wide receiver too right the whole school was talking about you." I said noticing Kalyce couldn't stall Theo much longer.

"My name is Mailynn." I said flaunting my signature smile.

"Yo Mailynn you changed yo classes or sum?" Theo asked loudly.

I scrunched up my face because who was he talking to like that?

"Aye Theo right? coach said to let you know you benched for allegedly assaulting Halle." Martez spoke looking Theo up and down.

"Damn bestie you really did dodge a bullet." Kalyce said giggling at Theo's shaken up face.

"You got Mr. Arnold Pre-cal right?" Martez asked me pulling somethings out his locker.

"Yeah I got him next class period." I said gerring ready to leave school since I didn't have a first period.

"We have a test in my period I'll slide you the answers on my way out." He spoke cheesing. I nodded my head with a low smile before exiting the school building.

"You a stupid nigga forreal." I heard while waiting for my Uber so I could go to work.

"Willow you be bugging Bruh I'm just looking out for you and my son just go in the building get yo GED." I heard a familiar voice say. The voice sounded frustrated but also calm.

"Fuck you all you wanna do is get me in the school so you can go fuck other bitches." The girl spoke loudly.

I walked a few cars down seeing Berlin.

"You act liked I cheated on you or I'm unfaithful we been together since middle school and I never once stepped out if anything I should be on high alert you the one always got another nigga dick down yo throat." Berlin spoke.

"Since I'm such a hoe you can leave." The girl spoke I watched Berlin shrug getting in the car about to take off.

The girl held up the middle finger up before walking into the school In a tight plastic skirt and crop top that exposed her nipples.

I shook my head continuing to walk to the benches outside to wait for my Uber.

"Mailynn?" I turned seeing Berlin pull up beside me.

"Hi." I said staring back at his intense gaze.

"You heard allat?" He asked.

"Yeah sorry...I wasn't trying to be nosey but it wasn't like a quite conversation it was pretty loud." I said watching him chuckle.

"You riding home?" Berlin asked.

"I got kicked out but I'm going to work right now." I said.

"Where you work I'll drive you." He said getting out opening the door of his 2023 Lincoln SUV.

"No offense but I don't ride with strangers." I said about to continue walking.

"If you know my name and where I live how can I possibly be a stranger?" He asked joking.

"Fine but I got my location on just in case." I said sending my location to Kalyce.

He closed my car door on me before walking to the other side.

When he turned on the radio I expected to hear Rap and a lot of cursing and talking about sex but instead I heard Queen Naija and Ari Lennox.

"This your baby mothers car?" I asked curiously.

"Nah she don't gotta drivers license."He said airing her shit out.

"So you be listening to the females on the slick?" I asked watching him shake his head.

"Yeah but Ima old soul I like all that good feeling music just cuz I look like this don't mean Candy rain not on the top of every playlist in this car." He said laughing.

I guess my parter did leave an impact on me I judged Berlin a little based on what he looked like and my own perception clouded who he was inside.

"So you gonna slide the address of where you work or Ima keep driving around the lake?" He asked breaking the ice with a waft of laughter from us both.

"Yanserly Lane I work at Starbucks." I said typing the address into my phone so he could follow the navigation.

"So what grade you in?" Berlin asked tapping his fingers on the steering wheel it was clear he was nervous of my answer.

"I'm a Junior." I said looking at him watching him sigh in relief.

"I can tell you wanna know if you'll be seen as a pedo for driving me around but I'm sixteen." I said watching his face contort.

"That's not necessarily good or bad people and take it and go on that one." He said swaying his head.

"Wanna play questions?" I asked.

"Sure." He said turning down the radio.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 19 but I turn 20 in two weeks." He said cheesing with excited written all over his face.

"Oh I got one what you tryna do after you graduate?" Berlin asked.

"I plan on Modeling or Being a writer." I said shrugging.

"You got modeling money?" He asked.

"No but I got modeling money parents." I said rolling my eyes at the thought of them.

"What about you what do you do for a living to have this type of car?" I asked hoping it wasn't anything illegal.

"What you think Ima drug dealer or in the mafia." He said deeply laughing seeing the guilty look on my face.

"That's cool a lotta folks assume that but I own a record label and I'm thinking about doing R&B music for myself one day." He said and I smiled.

"I hope you accomplish that goal." I said noticing Starbucks in the corner of my eye.

Once we pulled up to the shop he opened my car door and let me out.

"Babyyyy." My coworker Aslina spoke hugging me tightly.

"Thanks Berlin." I said waving once he pulled off.

"Girl who was that?" Aslina asked.

"Don't worry bout that why the shop look like this?" I asked starting to clean up.

"Girl folks nasty and ghetto."

My fault shits late it was my b day week just had my party and now I'm on thanksgiving break so I'm available to write more bangers 💜🤷🏽‍♀️