Make It Hurt Part 54

Lord Garzer's form burst through his shell of red mud and flailing hobs. The beast stood utterly naked, steaming in the night air as red light suffused its body. 

As the team got a look at it, the shaman's throat glowed, swelling with green light as something prepared to pour out of its maw. Hermes and Niko picked themselves up from the mud and took off at a sprint, aiming to pull their tank and archer out of the attack's range.

Above the beast, Rydr's form still trailed through the air, allowing him to take a good look at the attack and its caster. The shaman was easily double the Titan's height, with its legs and arms thicker around than the giant's chest.

Of course, it can still cast magic after changing like that. That's so fucking fair! Rydr screamed inside his head as he kicked out with his leg, channeling his trick spell once more. A flat plane of air flared into existence, flexing under Rydr's foot.

In the brief instant, before Lord Garzer unleashed his [Hex-Fire] attack, the same giant that plagued him before rocketed from the dark skies, a massive fist descending like an airstrike. 

Rydr's momentum, Strength, and jumping power combined with gravity in the mother-of-all rabbit punches, catching the towering monstering in the back of its head and forcing its head down and to the side.

*CRIT -200 HP*

Instead of the deadly attack wiping out his team in one go, Rydr managed to deflect the monster's aim into its forces.

Green flames blossomed to Rydr's side, heating his armor to a scalding point as he fell the rest of the way to the ground. He pushed off the shaman's side, using the force to flip himself around to land on his feet.

On the ground, roiling green flames splashed all over the steaming hobs, clinging to their bodies where they tried to rip their flesh off- only succeeding in spreading the lethal flames.

As the hobgoblins began to burst into light, none of them dropped their armor. Instead, the Ether-Guard sets melted into the wearers as they writhed and died.

The flames burned so hotly that Rydr and Urginok lost health by being near them. Urginok shielded his face against the blaze, the metal shaft of his weapon quickly heating up.

Rydr landed on his feet, sinking into the red muck just as Lord Garzer snapped his jaws shut, ending his attack. 

The shaman seemed not to care for his mistake, too enraged by the continued disrespect to his person. Instead of lamenting, the monster began to weave another spell, capturing the souls of his fallen soldiers into streams of pale green energy.

These energy streams quickly grew thicker and more potent as more immolated hobs died to fuel the spell. 

Rydr and Urginok realized the impending threat almost the same instant on the ground, although they chose different avenues to interrupt the creature.

The Titan bent his knees, launching himself back at the monster face to deliver an uppercut from the ground. The giant kicked out one last time to ensure that he achieved his maximum effect, creating an air platform to kick off and power his fist into the monster's chin.

At the exact moment, Urginok activated [Crescent Charge] and attacked a slightly more in reach target. Desperate and unable to reach the shaman's head, Urginok delivered both punishing blows to the monster's third leg and traveling bag.

*CRIT -300 HP*

*CRIT -300 HP*

A high-pitched squeal tried to escape Lord Garzer's mouth before Rydr's fist met his jaw, stunning the beast and forcing its jaws shut on its tongue.