Chapter 17: An Old Friend

"Hey Itami, when do you think dad will come back from work?" Uragiri asked Itami, toying with his fingers.
"Pssh. I doubt he'd even see me. Every time I'm home, he barely notices I'm here, let alone acknowledge I'm his son." Itami says to Uragiri, rocking his char back and forth.

"Why is that?"
"You're the next heir to the Yamagashi throne, so he's molding you into the chairman he wants you to be. I'm not an heir, I'm a spare. So I'm not his son until you end up dying." Itami spoke.

The main door swung open and the father stepped inside, locking the door behind him. 

"..Uragiri. Let me tell you something between you and I." The father whispered into Uragiri's ears.

"We don't let strangers into our house."

"I get it, I get it. I ain't welcome here, I understand. Jeez, at least be a little nice about it. Where to now?" Itami said out loud, walking out of the house and walking around the neighborhood.

He stumbled into a house that wasn't his.
He stumbled into Okawa's house.

In the present..

Kamaye stops driving the car, as it flops.

"What happened?" Fruity asked.

"We're outta gas, friend. Luckily, we brought an empty Jerrycan in the back, so we can look for a gas station and fuel up." Kamaye says, looking behind at the other 4.

Kokoru and Okawa are fast asleep. Momoru is sitting in contemplation, and Rhed is smoking a cigarette. 

"Well ain't this just a bitch. Look where we stopped at, Momoru!" Kamaye shouts, pointing outside.
"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" 

They were outside the Kibou castle, the place the two fought.

"Alright, so me, Kamaye, and Momoru will go out and look for some gas. Rhed, could you watch the two sleeping lovebirds?" Fruity asked Rhed, as he nodded.

"Great, back to where we started." Momoru said, sighing and walking out of the car.

Fruity, Kamaye, and Momoru walked into the Kibou Castle, just to exit the other side. They climbed the stairs, jerrycan in hand.

Suddenly, the door closed behind them. The door in front of them closed as well. They were now trapped in a 6 story castle with a stranger.
"God. Damn. It." Momoru said, clenching his fists.

"This was a horrible idea. We just can't stay out of trouble, can w-"

"Search the area! We need the money, shoot ANYONE on sight." A voice shouted, scaring Fruity.

Momoru ran upstairs and climbed on the scaffolding, Kamaye and Fruity followed. They peaked down at the floor under them.

"Sadao." Momoru whispered, pointing at a man on a throne, being carried by 10 men.
"This isn't our problem. Let's just find a way out." Fruity whispered back. 

Kamaye felt the walls, cold and almost like..

"..Metal. GET OFF THE SCAFFOLD-"

A shock transferred from the wall shocked Kamaye, forcing his muscles to give out. He lost his balance and fell onto the bottom floor. He landed on his back and stayed there, motionless. 

"KAMAY-"
"Careful! Something's going on.." Momoru said, keeping Fruity from jumping down.

The scaffolding, long iron rods, moved and swapped places from one another. They began moving onto other floors, and began to insert themselves into holes in the floors. Momoru and Fruity began to rise like an elevator.