Chapter 8: Stand and Stand Again

"Hey Noa, check out this really cool knife I found while I was out looking!" Kanashi says, as he and Noa sit down next to each other, checking out the switchblade.
"Whoaa.."

"Watch your fingers, if you cut yourself, you might get sick." Another kid says, as Kanashi turns around to face him.

"Oh hey, Kokoru! Are you here for your martial arts thing again?" Kanashi asks, as Noa walks away get water.

"Yeah, where is he?"

"He's still out with his dad, you can wait for him here, though! I'm sure he'll have enough time to teach you some new moves!" Kanashi said, as Kokoru sat on he crate next to him.

"Yeah, let's hope he brings his sister again, she sure is fun to be around!"

No time like the present..

As the fight raged on outside, I heard it from outside the room. I couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear it. 

"How is it in here?!" I heard someone say, as I recognized the voice. As I felt my eyes open, I realize my eyes have been covered in bandages. As I reach up to my face, I removed the bandages and took out the wire in my arm.

As I looked around, I saw Kanashi at the door, as I turned to see around the rest of the room. I was seated next to some Red haired kid, next to another green haired guy and my sister.

As I tried to stand, the green haired guy looks at me.

"Psst!" The guy says, as he taps my sister and she looks over at me.

Shizuka runs over to me and helps me sit upright, as I at that green haired guy.

"How do you get your hair green naturally? Wait a minute.."
Shizuka hits me in the face with the notepad.
"No time, can you stand yet?"

"Yeah, I can try." As I stand upright, and I see the painkiller.

As my vision goes red, I clench my fist and bear the pain. As my heart beats faster, I stand on the floor and walk to the door, where Kanashi stood to greet me.

"Never thanked you for bringing me here, Kanashi." I said, as he smirked.
"Never thanked you for teaching me these moves!" Kanashi said, as he walked back outside and got into a fighting stance. I was going to follow, but Shizuka stopped me.

"Are you sure you can fight? You're clothes are still bloodied and raggedy!"
"I'll be fine. I trust that she can keep you safe." I said, pointing at the Girl in Green. She looked surprised, as I chuckled.

"How did you know?"
"I don't think any guy I know besides Kanashi would wear a skirt, Mrs.." I asked, as she blushed.

"Oh no, you have it mistaken! I'm not married to him.. yet. My name is Akira, nice to meet you." 

I stepped outside, as Noa and Kokoru turned around and saw me.

"Momoru?!" Noa shouts, as she runs and hugs me.

"Hehe, nice to see you're still as energetic and dangerous as when I taught you." I said to her, as she began to tear up.

"What's up?"
"Tafu.. he's.."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that, he was like a father to us." I said to her, as Kokoru walked over.

"Noa, you talk with Kanashi. I have some business with our friend here." I said, as I faced Kokoru.