Chapter 10: Impossible Luck

"Did he just move?!" Akira asked, as Shizuka shrugged.

Akira poked Rhed's finger, as it twitched again.

"Is there some doctor thing that allows him to do that, or is he awake?" Akira asks, as Shizuka heard something outside. Shizuka wrote, as Akira read.

"Did you hear that?"
"Hear wh-"

A bang could be heard outside, as screaming ensued. Akira peaked outside, as Toshiro reached under the desk and pulled out a shotgun, gunshots and bullets rang out.

Akira closed the door, as she paced back to Shizuka.

"Do you think we can move him? We have to leave!" Akira asked, as Shizuka shrugged and pointed at her notebook.

"THEY TOOK THE CAR!" Shizuka's notepad said, as Akira took out her phone.

"Just make sure they don't get inside, I'll call them. Rhed's luck will protect you, at least." Akira said, as Shizuka nodded and Akira dialed the others.

Meanwhile..

"You guys bought another car?!" Fruity shouted, as Okawa opened the trunk.
"We had the time and money! And besides, if we didn't, we wouldn't have caught this Family-Man at the dealership!" Yuki said, as Okawa dragged a man out, as the man cowered.
"So, what's his name?" Kamaye asked, as Fuben stepped forward.

"Daigo?"
"Fuben?! What're you doing here?" Daigo said, as Fuben scratched his head.

"They captured me, too! And if you don't help them, they'll kill the both of us! So tell them, what's up with Itami Yoshtaka?" Fuben said, as Daigo looked over.

"If I snitch to you, promise me you won't let me live." Daigo said, as Okawa questioned.

"Why would we do that?"

"Do you fully understand what Itami does to his men? What we come home to.. the reasons we joined.. it doesn't matter! We've signed up to die FOR our leader, not BY our leader! I didn't want this, but I don't have a choice! I don't want this.." Daigo said, as he began to tear up. 

"We'll guarantee your safety-"

"THAT ISN'T WORTH SHIT! Duty chains us to a fate we haven't chosen!"
"Is it that futile to choose?" Okawa asked, as Daigo looked over to the table beside them. 

Fuben noticed it, as Daigo slammed his head into the table corner, as Fuben tackled him to the ground. As Daigo struggled, the others stopped him from killing himself. Fruity picked him up and sat him upright, as Daigo cried from his broken nose.

"You can't kill yourself, we need ANSWERS." Kamaye said, as Daigo sobbed.

"Talk, or we'll keep you alive." 
"Fine.. Itami's leading a second raid on The Joy Shelter, he's going there to 'get revenge' for something that happened a while ago." Daigo said, as Kamaye freaked out.

"THAT'S WHERE KANASHI SAID THEY'D HOLD RHED!"
"Shit! Get everyone in the car, we're going to the Joy Shelter!" Okawa said, as Fuben tied Daigo to the wall behind him. They got into the van and began driving, as Fuben stopped them.

"I'm gonna get noticed there, I'll watch the house." Fuben said, as Okawa nodded and he jumped out of his car. 

Around that time..

Kokoru lays down in his bed, as Momoru sat on the couch, contemplating choices he had made previously. Kanashi converses with Noa, as the two set up where Kanashi is to sleep.