Chapter 16: Town of Complex Simplicity

"COME ON! COME ON, KANASHI!" Kanashi's father said, whipping him with a belt buckle. Kanashi's arms and face were scarred, so was his back. He was bleeding onto the floor, as he managed to muster enough energy to speak.

"Damn you, dad."
"WHAT WAS THAT?! IF YOU'RE SO MAD, FIGHT! BACK!" Kanashi's father shouted.

Kanashi stood up and limped into the kitchen, as his father chuckles and follows him. 
Kanashi opened a cabinet and pulled out a chemical spray, waiting for his father. His father walks past the counter, as Kanashi sprayed his father in the face. His father stumbles. screaming like a madman. 

His father slips on the belt buckle and falls onto the dishwasher, destroying the glass door. Kanashi peaks at his father.

His head is pierced with a shard of glass.

Back in the present..

"CRAP! Kanashi, get everyone that can't attack to safety and drive to Nozomu! We'll meet you there!"

I ran to the car and opened the car door, as all the women entered the car.

"Fuben, random question, but would you happen to still have the gun you bought?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I have 4 more mags. Why?"

"You're driving, wrap your face in something." I said to him, as he entered the drivers seat and we departed for Nozomu.

"So, is it cozy back there? Get used to it, it's a 2 hour drive back from Sutareta." Fuben chuckled, while everyone sighed.

"So, lets recollect. Akira, you were telling everyone back at the house about a girl, Mizuki, right? That's your other friend's daughter?" I asked Akira.

"Yeah, he told me to help her once we get back to Nozomu. At AAHS, she's in the clique with Fuan-"
"Fuan? Okawa's ex?" Yuki asked, as Akira began to calm her down. 

"Who's Fuan?" Noa and Shizuka asked.

"This crazy bitch who wants Okawa back, breathing or not." Akira claimed.
"So how do we plan on help-"

"WE'RE BEING TAILED!" Noa shouted, looking out the window.

"Shit!.. Fuben, give me the gun and tell me to shoot them!" I told Fuben.
"Why do you need to be told?! WE'RE CLEARLY IN DANGER!" Fuben shouted, as I began to plead.

"THEN TELL ME TO DO IT!"

"HERE, GO FIGHT BACK!"

Suddenly, my head went numb. 

I couldn't see anything.
I couldn't feel anything. 
The seat I sat on just cracked into glass. 

I looked up and saw myself on the floor. 
Are my hands.. bleeding? I can't even see them, but I can feel something running down my fingers.

What's this..?
A.. A spray bottle?

Oh, I see.
Why did it have to be now..?
Was it something someone said?

What did Fuben say?..

Fight back?

I picked up the spray bottle and pointed it upward, just to see a large figure. I couldn't even see him, I couldn't even see the bottle in front of me.