Chapter 13

Riley's pov
"RILEY SAWYER!!" I heard coach yell as I ran over.

"Get your name on a paper or your kicked from the team." He said and my eyes widened.

"Coach that's not fair." I said and he shook his head.

"I don't care. If soccer means so much. Show your actual skills off. Or your kicked." He said and I let down a gulp.

"Yes sir." I whispered walking away.

"Panic attack? Not now." I whispered.

I went down to the lockers trying to find my meds as Anna came down.

"Hey you okay?" She asked.

"Uh.. yeah. Yeah no I'm okay." I said shakily.

"You don't seem okay." She said as she got closer behind me.

"Coach threatened me to take me off the team if I don't get my name in the papers." I whispered.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Look okay, play at your best. I'll cover for most of you." She said and I shook my head.

"You don't need to cover for me. If I wanna be on the team then I have to actually play." I said.

"Well if you do start to feel to panic just tell me." She said as she interlocked out fingers.

"Yeah thanks." I said.

She walked out and I got my meds and walked out after her.

~~~~~

"SAWYER! SHUMATE! DUNCAN! POLLY! HOWARD!! And the others." Coach yelled.

"You'll be playing for 1st quarter!" He said as we all got up and on the field.

Anna went to the middle to start the ball as I was in the front. Anna looked at me before the whistle blew.

She kicked the ball under the player's legs as I got it.

My teammate ran up to my side as I kicked the ball to her.

She was guarded by heavily players and kicked the ball back to me before I shot it in the goal.

To be honest I didn't even know I could do that...

Anna came up and smiled.

"He's right why haven't you shown off!" She said making me laugh a bit.

I looked over at Coach and he was literally analyzing me. Like staring straight at me.

~~~~~

"RILEY! ITS COMING FOR YOU." I heard someone yell.

I got ahold of the ball running I juggled the ball around with my feet.

I saw two people come at my side. I slid down making them run into each other as I kicked the ball into the goal.

My heart started racing. It wasn't bad but probably all the running I've been doing.

"Okay but like that was amazing!" Anna said running up.

"Yeah... I guess it was." I said trying to steady my breathing.

"You need to be taken out?" She asked as she got behind me slipping her hands under my shirt again.

She started to lightly massage my back making me relax a little.

"N-No I can make it till 3rd quarter." I said and she nodded slipping her hands out of my shirt.