Chapter 58

I decided to recommend a song I thought kinda encapsulated this story and the relationships in it. It's by South Korean singer Wonho, though the song has a English version. If you would like to hear the song search "Losing You Wonho" on YouTube. The English version has a music video with it, and it is the version I recommend for this story. I will include a pic of the video below. I didn't include the actual video here because I do not want to get copyrighted.

Thoughts

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

The sound of breaking glass caused me to start and glance up from my book. A teacup was in pieces on the floor, but that was not what held my attention. Raizel was the one who dropped it, his hand trembling. I placed my book to the side, turned my body to face Raizel, and took his shaking hand in mine.

He looked at me tenderly. I am fine, my love.

No, you aren't, and we both know that.

Frankie seemed just as concerned as me. His eyes clouded over with worry as he asked the question I knew he had been dying to ask since Raizel woke up, a question I had known the answer to and had never told him. "What happened...820 years ago? Why did you go into sleep?"

My grip tightened on Raizel's hand as he began to tell Frankie part of the story. I listened until it became too much. Abruptly, I let go of Raizel's hand and stood up. "Excuse me."

"Rai-Lin," Frankie began but I was already out of the house.

I walked the streets of Seoul, lost in thought. What had happened 820 years ago had been terrible, really and truly terrible. It was a travesty, one I wished I could forget. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. It haunted me at night and sometimes during the day. Raizel didn't know because I wasn't one to thrash and scream during a nightmare. It also helped that he didn't enter my mind when I was sleeping out of respect.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I almost didn't notice the person come up beside me. "Hello, Regis," I greeted.

"Rai-Lin."

"What are you doing here?" I cringed at the dead sound of my own voice.

"I saw you leaving the house upset. I thought you could use someone to talk to. I know you don't like me as much as Takio, Tao, or M-21, but I thought I might be better than nothing." He stared straight ahead as he talked.

I, however, had stopped walking to stare at him. "Do you honestly think I like you less that the little brothers?"

He scoffed. "Of course, you always seem to be around them, Frankenstein, or Raizel."

Pain pulsed through my heart. "Oh, Regis, I never meant for you to feel that way. I watched you grow up, even gave Gretchuel advice on what to do with you a time or two. It's just..." I looked away. "You and Seira remind me so much of Lukedonia, of a time now long passed. When you first came here, it honestly hurt me to look at you. I guess, it still does in a way. You remind me of a life I want but can no longer have."