40

-CHAPTER FORTY-

Anyone who knew Sebastian Morgenstern, never knew the limits his cruelty had.

Death, would’ve been better than this.

Ophelia thought so as she saw the only boy she had ever loved walk away from her. It taken her days to convince her brothers to let her see him off one last time. The twins were firmly against it, their hearts beating with hatred for the traitor, and Lucas had not said a word to her ever since she’d woken up at the hospital. She knew he blamed her for Diana’s death. She did too. 

Nico had no opinion for the matter, as usual he’d buried himself in his studies, avoiding confrontation with the chaos that had taken place in their lives. Blake was devastated. He had not only lost an intern, but he’d lost a friend, and he had been very familiar with the loss of a friend in his life. Regardless of his devastation, Blake had not been interested in seeing his friend off from their lives forever. 

Ophelia hated them. She hated every single one of her brothers, even her Dad with all her heart. But Sebastian? Oh she loathed him with a burning passion. Not only had he been the one to decide to hide so many secrets from Ophelia, but he had also been the one to decide to spare his life. 

Ophelia wished he’d rather kill him then exile him

After she’d told him how she would hate him for the rest of his life if he pulled the trigger, Sebastian had decided on doing the most cruel thing he’d thought right on spot.

The traitor’s life would be spared, although on the condition that he was to never make contact with any members of the Morgenstern family and never to set foot in the United States of America. He was to disappear from their lives, leave their lives just as abruptly he had entered it. If he didn’t do so, Sebastian would find him, and kill him for good. 

Nevertheless, in the end, the traitor was exiled, Ophelia’s heart remained shattered and Sebastian earned his sister’s hatred for eternity. 

And now here she was, standing outside the airport with James, watching as the boy she loved stood at the end of the check line. 

Her shattered heart hammered against her chest like a thousand pricks. No. She couldn’t let him leave. She could still convince her brother to let him stay. Yes, she could still convince him. 

Her bottom lip trembled as the tears fell, “No.” She started forward, but her father immediately wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back as she watched in horror.

“No,” she said a little louder, and then she screamed. “No! Let me go! Let me go! Tony! Tony please! Come back! Tony please don’t leave me! I love you Tony please come back!” 

As she cried her soul out, Tony’s own broke. He heard her shouts and screams. He heard her declarations of love, but he knew he had to go. He didn’t deserve her. And he didn’t want to give her the pain to watch him die if he decided to stay. He had to go. 

He put a hand on his chest, his shattered heart beating against his chest just like pricks. “I love you Ophelia,” he whispered as the glass door closed behind.

-FIN-