32

-CHAPTER THIRTY TWO-

If it hadnt been for the conversation she had eavesdropped the other night, Ophelia would’ve missed the hushed tones her two eldest brothers were talking in just as she had entered the kitchen for dinner.

She was surprised to see Sebastian there, surprised because he hadn’t been home for quite some time, and Ophelia wondered if it had anything to do with the information she had newly discovered. 

She knew it was going to be difficult to act like herself around her brothers now that there might be a possibility that they were killers. Killers. The word would send a shiver down her spine every time she thought about it, which was all of the time. 

Ophelia sat down, her seat beside Sebastian and tried not to act suspicious. She quietly ate her sandwich as the kitchen begin to fill with the remaining of her brothers coming in. Ophelia’s heart began to race at the thought of Mike being involved in this. 

Was he involved in this? Why would he be involved in this? 

The mere thought of her sweet golden Michael being a part of something this wrong made Ophelia want to throw up, and she almost gagged, which unfortunately attracted the attention of Lucas. “Lia are you okay? You look sick,” he questioned, worry lacing his tone.

Ophelia pictured Lucas holding a weapon, blood covered in his hands and his eyes menacing, and she almost laughed. Yes, Lucas was scary and yes he resorted to violence more often than Ophelia would’ve liked, but that didn’t mean he was capable of murdering someone. Just the thought made her sound ridiculous. 

“I’m fine. Just having a bad day is all,” she managed to say. Daniel frowned, “You said that yesterday too.” Ophelia sighed, “Alright then. I’m having a bad week.” She could feel Sebastian’s eyes narrowing her as if he was trying to see through her, and if he did, he didn’t say anything.

“A bad week? No one has a bad week out of nowhere. Do you have a fever? Have you checked your temperature,” Blake questioned worriedly as he made his way to her around the table. He put his hand on her forehead and a look of panic crossed his face. 

“Oh God you’re burning. Up, come on. I’m taking you to your room and you’re not leaving until you feel well,” he declared and began to take Ophelia out of the kitchen. “Nico get the thermometer,” he said as they left the room. 

Ophelia had never had so many people fluttering over her head like this. She didn’t know she was sick, she didn’t think being so much worried to lead her to fever. She watched as Blake stuffed her into a million blankets as the rest of her brothers came in with various things.

Nico with a thermometer, Lucas with water and the twins with wet and dry clothes. She was surprised to see Sebastian carrying her plate of unfinished sandwiches. “Finish your food, you can’t starve and have a fever at the same time,” he muttered. Ophelia was surprised to find herself uncomfortable at the sudden worry her eldest brother had shown. 

But even though it felt uncomfortable, she liked that Sebastian was showing that he cared for her. Even if it was on his own way.

As she watched her brothers, even Sebastian, fuss over her when the thermometer showed a feverish temperature, the very idea of them being killers or kidnappers seemed absurd. 

There was no way those hands, the same hands who lovingly stroked her hair as she slept or massaged her calves when she complained about the pain, there was just no way that the same hands could take a life. She knew that. She knew her brothers. And as she threw out the negative thoughts, she realised she did love each of them.

-
school is starting from 2nd and im going to have to wake up earlier 😭

also, i fought with this guy i like and now i have discovered that none of the people in his grade really like him because he was a dick. but im not someone who judges a person on others' opinions but idk what to do 😀