23

-CHAPTER TWENTY THREE-
OPHELIA

It took Elijah two days to convince my brothers to take me out on a second date. It took me a climb up the roof of our house to realize why it had taken two entire days to convince my brothers.

Elijah had taken me out to watch the stars. Well, not really out. He wanted to take me back to his place, which was a 10 minute drive from ours, but apparently that was very scandalous for Blake. ‘My baby sister alone at some boy’s house. Oh hell no.’ 

And so, Elijah compromised and shifted the venue from his rooftop to mine, both of us cuddled up along with million other blankets shielding us from late November cold. 

His arms were around me, and the back of my head resting against the space between his shoulder and neck. Every time I shivered, Elijah would move his hands up and down my arms to try to keep me warm, and then sometimes I’d pretend to shiver every now and then just to feel his touch on my skin. 

Somehow, this was better than ice skating. There was no one around but us (if you didn’t count Blake spying on us with binoculars from the third floor balcony every now and then) and the quiet made it even better. 

Elijah would point out the stars, and tell me all about them. It was fascinating to watch him describe something he loved so much. His eyes would shine like pearls and his smile would warm up my heart. I tried to point out the very few stars I knew about, and would do a little cheer every time I was right, which was most of the time. 

The hot cocoa we had brought up along with us helped with the cold, but I still preferred Elijah’s warmth, so I snuggled into his chest as much as I could, blatantly ignoring Blake’s shriek upon our increasing physical contact. I had then heard him whine as Mrs. Ridley caught him by his ear and dragged him down, scolding him about ruining my date and what not. Oh do I love that woman. 

And then after that, we laid in silence, my head on his chest, me trying to block out his fast heartbeat as I concentrated on him. I didn’t know how long we just sat there, but I reckon it was long enough that I slowly begun to fall asleep to his eventually slowing down heart beat. 

I almost hadn’t felt the kiss he had laid on my forehead, but it was enough to wake me up. 

I looked up at him and saw him holding a panicked expression. 

“Hey you okay,” I asked as I pulled away. “Yeah, I just…” He trailed off and I nudged him, “What’s wrong?” He licked his lips, a habit I had noticed he often did when he was nervous. “I didn’t want to overwhelm you,” he revealed. 

My nose twitched from the cold and I stopped myself from grinning at his cuteness. And before he could say anything, I leaned in, capturing his lips with mine. 

Now I had been kissed before about three times in my life, all three of them from two different boys who never nearly made me feel the way I was feeling right now. 

Elijah reciprocated instantly, his hands sliding around my waist to pull me closer and mine wrapped around his neck. His lips were soft like marshmallows and sweet like chocolate with a little bitter hint of cocoa. When his tongue nudged my lips, asking for a way in, I obliged, and was immediately taken aback by the sparks. 

Our mouths were the source, and the buzzing spread from our colliding tongues, to my cheeks and to my ears. And then to my neck and further down my body. And my arms nearly collapsed at the sensation when he bit my bottom lip with an urgency I had never witnessed before.

I didn’t know when our mouth detached, and I didn’t know when they attached again, or when they detached again for the final time. I didn’t remember when we walked down the stairs to the balcony on the third floor, or the stairs which further led to the second floor. 

I didn’t remember when he walked me to my room and kissed me good night for the last time. I didn’t remember his yelp when Blake smacked him (not harshly) before Elijah made his way out of the house. 

All I could think of was his mouth near me, his lips against mine and his tongue colliding with mine. 

And when I woke up the next morning, I sighed softly when the sudden realization hit me of how I hadn’t once thought of a certain green eyed man in the entirety of last night. 

“Girl you’re literally shining. What happened to you last night,” Diana asked as I walked up to her at her locker. I just shrugged, unable to keep the smile off my face. 

Diana gasped, “He kissed you! Oh my Gods you guys kissed!” She shrieked as the entire hallway gave us amusing looks, but I was too excited to even care about anyone else at the moment. I tried to speak, but I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth as another smile blocked my words in. 

"Oh my Gods look at you,” she teased as I hid my face in my hands. “Oh Ophelia. Girl you’re definitely whipped,” Diana whispered and I grinned. “I guess I am,” I managed to speak out. “Aha! So she talks! Soooo. Tell me how was it,” she shook my hands and I felt the jitters escape. 

“It was… perfect. That’s the only word I can use to describe it,” I said as another smile took over. Diana was about to say something when she smirked evilly and nudged me, “Ooho, look. Lover’s boy here.” I turned around instantly and saw Elijah already looking at me with a big smile on his face. I gave him a small smile of my own before turning back and hiding my face in my palm out of embarassment. 

Diana laughed and pulled me closer, hugging me tightly as she said, “Well I guess it’s safe to say that the only boy you’ll be smiling for from now on is Elijah.” I hugged her back, “I guess so.” 

-
so, team elijah or team tony?

also, i forget to mention but the last chapter had an easter egg in it ;)

mother nature's here and now i hate everyone 🤠

also, elite 4 was 🤮

[unedited]