29

-CHAPTER TWENTY NINE-
OPHELIA

“You stupid little kids,” Michael tried to scold us. “What if someone else had come in instead of us, how would you explain to the others what you were doing just now,” he said. Tony’s cheeks turned red and I smiled in embarassment, “Sorry?”

“Nuh-uh. Sorry won’t cut this out missy. You’re going to be grounded for this,” Michael did an impassable impression of Sebastian’s glare and I looked at him unimpressed. “You can’t ground me. We’re almost the same age,” I reminded him and he glared at me again, but honestly he looked more cute than scary. 

“Okay Mike cut it out. Go escort Tony out, I need to talk to Lia,” Daniel said and Michael grumbled before wrapping his arm around Tony’s as they walked out of the room, but not before Tony pecked my lips for the last time.

I looked back at Daniel to see him holding an unimpressed look, and I smiled cheekily.  “We’re going to need some ground rules if you want to keep dating that boy.”

Lucas and I didn’t talk for two days. Even though we didn’t see each other all that much, whenever we did, I would divert my attention to something else in the room, or if we met in the hallways, I would change my direction and get away from him.

The rules the twins had set weren’t as overbearing as I had thought they would be. Firstly, I had to stop lying to them about Tony and I, and inform them whenever I wanted to go to his place. I had also learned that Michael had gotten Tony’s number, so the fact that the three were in touch with each other made my skin crawl with anxiousness. 

But so far, I wasn’t hearing any complaints, so I assumed they weren’t hating him anymore. I just wished everyone else would be this understanding. 

I was finishing up my history homework when a knock sounded on my bedroom door, and I raised my eyebrows. My brothers apparently were still unable to understand why knocking on a girl’s bedroom door was important, so they never really knocked, just barged in whenever they felt like it. 

“Come in,” I said as my eyes narrowed in suspicion. Lucas poked his blond hair in and my eyes darted away from the door. He came in and I automatically got off the bed, ready to leave when he held me by the shoulders. “Just hear me out. Please,” he pleaded. I looked at him for a moment before nodding. 

“I… understand that it was wrong of me to spy on you in the hallway,” he paused when I raised my eyebrow and sighed, “And every other time that I have spied on you.” I muttered, “That’s more like it.” Lucas winced. “Look, I don’t want to fuck up again. I don’t want to lose you again and I’m trying." He sighed, “I’m trying really hard to be the brother I’m supposed to be.” 

I smiled a little, “Just be the brother you can be Lucas.” Lucas shook his head, “It’s not that easy.” I argued back, “It’s not that different being a brother to me than it is to the others.” Lucas looked at me, “Its…” 

“What,” I prompted. Lucas closed his eyes and tched, “Nevermind. Not the right time.” I frowned, “No, tell me.” He hesitated and I pushed again, “Look if it’s about me then I deserve to know.” Lucas smiled sadly, “Yes you do. But now’s not the time.” My frown deepened.

“I’m really sorry I spied on you. I’ll try not to do it again,” he apologized. I raised an eyebrow again and he shrugged, “I’m doing my best.” I hugged him, “I know.” He hummed and rested his chin on my head, “And as part of my apology, I’m going to let you date that protégé.” 

I pulled away at lightning speed, “What?” Lucas smiled cheekily, “I said, you can date that protégé.” I scoff playfully, “I was going to date him with or without your approval. But… how did you know?!”

Lucas wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we left my room, “It’s surprising what Daniel can reveal when you threaten his stock of Gatorade.”

I simply grunted, but made a mental note of the observation as we trotted down the stairs for dinner.

-
bit short ik im sorry.

what do you think lucas wanted to tell lia about?