Chapter 9 - But I Am Not A Calculator!

Caution - Another lengthy part!!

Same day...

Drishti's POV

I am in spaceeeeee!!!!

I am in freaking in spaceeeeeee!!!!

Can you believe itt????

Can I believeeeee ittt???

Noooooooooo!!

I am sooooooo happyyy!!

I tossed my head back and spun in a circle, overwhelmed with joy. I was busy jumping.... sorry, floating when a mail popped up in my inbox. It was an audio transcript from Ritika Aunty.

From: ISRO Earth
To: The Rambler

Sent: 10/02/2046, 19:07 p.m.
Received: 10/02/2046, 19:08 p.m.

Audio: Hello Drishti! Now that you have reached there, I am telling you at very first, don't be so overexcited, but excited. In the upcoming years, Y-E-A-R-S, * emphasizing on years* you are going to stay in the space only. Get that? And.....And what else I should tell you, you are perfectly trained and know everything, just take care, and all the very best! I know we will achieve success for sure. Ha, are one thing I completely forgot to tell you, that... actually I craved to tell you before the launch, but your Rohit uncle said not to because he did not wish to panic you, but I know you would have not panicked much... But anyway, I want to tell you that eh.. once you have reached pretty far away, audio messages will not be transmitted. Only text messages can be transmitted, which may even take time to transmit because of the length. Still, don't worry, I will be sending messages to you every day. Every damn day! Byeeeeeee. Enjoy, and yes, take care of your health! Do look after the simulators. Talk to you tomorrow.

Her childishness and the way of saying a long-lasting 'bye' drew a grin on my face. And...I won't be able to hear her voice once I go away.?

But it does not matter! 

The only thing is staying in contact with her, then it doesn't matter if it is through text messages or audio messages. After all, no pain, no gain.

I breathed heavily and stared at the interior of my spaceship...

Interior? 

Of course, it's my home now! 

Wasn't the one on Earth...

Shoo away!

Yeah sure.

I again sighed heavily and spent the rest of my day either staring at the interior of my spaceship...or glancing at the Earth through the portholes, exercising, eating, hopping here and there, and analyzing conditions of some simulators.

Luckily, because of the evolving technology, I was in microgravity and I did not have to sleep in the sleeping bag. They came up with a technology where I won't float while sleeping on the bed, which is equal to comfortable sleep! 

And when I laid on the bed to take a nap, another email popped up in my inbox. It was another audio transcript.

From: ISRO Earth
To: The Rambler

Sent: 10/02/2046, 22:03 p.m.
Received: 10/02/2046, 22:05 p.m.

Hello Drish!! It is estimated that The Rambler will move out of the Solar System tomorrow at 01:13 a.m. IST. 

And the audio ended. That's what it said. I just hope I will be able to hear her voice even after I move out of our solar system.

And I dozed off to sleep shooing away all my thoughts in my bunk.