19

"Bella won't be out too late tonight she's just going to be playing baseball with my family" I hear Edward saying to Dad as i walk down the stairs, from sleeping in the attic last night.

"Well i hope the invitation stands for me as well" I say as i stand next to the two of them, looking at Dad.

"Baseball?"

"Yes, sir, that's the plan" Edward says

"Bella's gonna play baseball?"

"Dad.. she's-" I look up and i catch his eye "Ok not very good at it, but it doesn't mean that she can't try, besides, i'll be there"

"I'll take good care of her, i promise" Edward says and i cough "And Kate" I role my eyes.

Dad nods and tells them that they can go, but he calls Bella back as Edward and i walk off.

"You still got that pepper spray" I hear him ask and i laugh at Edwards face.

__________

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" Bella asks as we pull up to an empty field.

"There's a thunder storm coming, it's the only time we can play" Alice answers her as she nods to Rosalie and she hits a ball, making a booming sound at her strength.

"Now, i see why you need the thunder" Bella says as i smirk.

"Kate, you try!" Alice says as she looks at Bella and i.

"I..i donno, i haven't played in years" I answer, truthfully.

"Come, on" Alice says as she pushes me into the game "It will be fun"

I laugh and i take the bat from Rosalie.

I take my aim and when the ball comes towards me i hit it as hard as i can and it makes an enormously loud booming noise as well.

I watch as the boys go and run off after the ball and they bring it back within 5 seconds and i nod at them, impressed.

Suddenly, Alice stops still.

"STOP!" She shouts "They were leaving, but then they heard us"

"Let's go" Edward says to Bella

"It's too late" Alice says

"Kate, you've got to go!" Esme shouts at me "Not all vampires take to kindly to a wolf on our side of the boarder"

I nod and i shift, putting Bella on my back and we run out of the forest, to Jacobs pack.

__________

I watch as i slow to a walk and Jacobs pack exit the pack house, having smelt us.

Bella jumps off my back and i stay in my wolf form as i don't have any clothes.

I watch as the other wolves take Bella into the house and Jacob walks over to me with some clothes.

I walk into the forest and after i'm changed, i walk back out.

"What happened?" Jake asks me as we walk inside and the other wolves look up.

"I smelt them, there was at least three blood suckers coming, and Bella and i where with the people they were coming to see, so i shifted and got Bella out of there, i'm just hoping that they didn't get a good whiff of her."

I sit down, on the couch, besides Bella, and Jacob comes and stands next to me.

The wolves, Bella and i, all talk for a while, when Jacob asks to talk outside.

I walk outside with him and i turn to him, facing him.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry" Jacob says as he looks at the floor "I thought i was doing the right thing, protecting you"

"Jacob, i gather from back there that you are still part of the pack, but that is a close call... do you know what they would have done if you killed the alpha?!"

"I don't know what came over me, one minute i was talking to him and then he said that he met a rogue in the woods and then, boom, i'm attacking him" Jake says

"I understand, that you thought you were protecting me, just next time, talk to me first, ok?" I say and Jake nods, hugging me.