Behind the Lyrics

Lyric POV

"What?!" I ask again as he pulls me along.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen we are here to see some original works of art! We will have silent bids placed at each artwork. We will sort the art bids and announce the winners after 45 minutes. We have 35 pieces of artwork to view ranging from established Guggenheim artists to new rising art stars. Most artwork bids start at $500. Remember it's for our terminally ill babies at St.Jude's of New York and the DiRichie foundation, 'Sweet Dream'. We will have petit fours, desserts, dessert cocktails, and chocolate fountains available. Let's raise some MONEY!"

"Come on, mama! Let's go meet my parents and buy art!"
"Mav! You guys have your own foundation, look like perfect dolls, and are rich as hell! I'm nervous, I can't!" I protest as he damn near drags me toward his picturesque parents.

"Oh my goodness Zane, she's gorgeous!" His mother exclaims.
"Me?! Have you seen yourself? You're perfect!"
"Oh honey hush! You must be Ms.Lyric Fyre?!"
"Yes ma'am." I smile shyly.
"Oh, no 'ma'am', either mama Ivy or Mrs.Ivy, whichsoever makes you comfortable honey."
"OK, I think Mrs.Ivy for right now, if that's alright?"

"Of course my honey. I'm so sorry about your parents they were AMAZING and what they did for our people was groundbreaking!"
"Thank you!" I smile proudly.
"I worked very closely with both of them for our scholarships for black students. They were just, ahh!" She gestures with her hands at a loss for words.

"Yeah I'm really proud of 'Black Brains of Biochemistry' and 'Urban City Tech'. I remember going to the award ceremonies and it was always something I looked forward to!"

"Nice to meet you bella, I'm Alessio." He takes my hand and kisses it.
"Bocca a te stesso papá!" Maverick laughs. [Mouth to yourself pop.]
"Oh geloso siamo figli?!" He raises an eyebrow and laughs. [Oh jealous are we, son?]

"What Mavi you never told me you speak Italian?!"
"Aww, Mavi?! I used to call him that as a baby!" His mother gushes. "And of course he does! Alessio is a very proud Italian stallion!"

"Eww, ma that's disgusting!" Maverick fake gags.
"Boy hush! How you think you got here?! Anyways there was no way he would allow his only name sake to not speak his native language."

"I think that's amazing! Do you speak it too, Mrs.Ivy?"
"Oh not fluently. Lord knows I should by now! I've been with him for almost 30 years! I just know the words I need to know!" Smiling she winks at his dad and they burst into laughter at Maverick's face.

"Voi due siete cattivi e no bisogno di vomitare!" He says fake gagging again. [You to are nasty and I need to throw up!]
"What you tell them?!" I smile knowing it was dramatic.

"He told us he needs to throw up now!" Alessio bellows in laughter.
"Oh you're such a big baby!" I tease. "Does Silas speak Italian?"
"Si bellissima!" Silas answers as he and Remy walk over. [Yes beautiful.]

"Cioa pop e mamma Ivy!" He hugs Maverick's parents. [Hey pop and Mama Ivy!]

"Hi my other baby!" Ivy squeals.
"What's up boy?!" Alessio greats him. "And who is this dazzling little lady?"

"Calmati papá!" Maverick laughs as Alessio waves him off. [Calm down pops!]

"This is my beautiful future wife Remy St.Claire." He beams proudly.
"Aww! She's stunning, Si! I'm Ivy DiRichie or Mama Ivy as Si calls me. Its so nice to meet you." She grabs Remy in a hug. Seeing their petite bodies next to each other is comical, although I'm sure we looked just as little!

"Woah, is that what I think it is?!" Her eyes big as saucers.
"Yeah mama Ivy, we're expecting! I'm gonna have a little DiCarpi soon!" Si laughs.
"OH MY GOSH, SILAS! I'm gonna be a glam-ma?!"