WHO DOSEN'T SLEEP IN ISOLATION?

Haley had been taken into care.

Lana already felt Missy distancing herself from her. She'd gone round countless times over the past day to check on her, however she always just nodded, smiled and said she was fine.

Lana knew she wasn't 'fine', she was sad, lonely and grieving due to Nana's death. But Missy wouldn't admit it, and most certainly wouldn't take any help.

Lana's first lesson was english with Miss Keane. Chloe had joined her class, which she soon figured to have been Miss Keanes daughter, after recognising her the first day of the year when she came in and threw up everywhere.

Her and Chloe had never seen eye to eye, she most definitely didn't hate Chloe, she had just never taken to her.

"Has anybody seen Missy today?" Miss Keane asked, directing her attention to Lana and Razia, as much as Lana wanted to tell her, she didn't want the whole world knowing Haley had gone into care, so she kept quiet.

"Razia?"

"No miss, i ain't seen her"

"Well maybe we should call the rescue services?" Chloe taunted, earning a side eye from Miss Keane, and a glare from Lana.

"Right, act two scene two, balcony scene!" Miss Keane began, "Chloe, as Missy isn't here today, you can be our Juliet, and Jordan, you can be our Romeo"

Jordan sighed loudly, earning a nudge from Lana, trying to compose herself and not burst out laughing.

"Oi shut up Lana" he laughed.

"Chloe," miss interrupted, "stand up on your seat" she smiled sarcastically at the girl.

Unexpectedly, Chloe did as she was told, wrapping her pink scarf around her, standing atop the seat and beginning,

"Romeo, Romeo" Chloe began, with a shit attempt at a Yorkshire accent, mocking Missy, Lana felt an anger begin to grow inside of her, "Social workers have taken our Haley into care and Nana Caplet's kicked the bucket, we've not got a pot to piss in, like he's been caught off" she's spoke the last part sourly, gesturing towards the lights.

"Right that's it" Lana stood up and making her way over to Chloe as she jumped off her seat, Razia following.

"That's bang out of order, Miss" Razia yelled, pointing her finger towards Chloe.

"Care to tell me who the fuck you think you are spilling other peoples personal secrets eh Chloe?" Lana snapped getting in Chloe's face, thanking the lords she was taller than Chloe.

"Your right, she's enough of a let down as it is" and with that, Lana's hand connected with Chloe's cheek, causing the whole class to grow silent.

"Chloe, outside, Lana, isolation" Miss Keane muttered.

"Happily" Lana smiled sourly, grabbing her bag and bumping Chloe's shoulder as she left, who was holding her cheek, a shocked look upon her face.

                                              ❥

Lana hadn't even realised she'd fell asleep until a large hand gripped her tiny shoulder, shaking her gently.

"Fuck" Lana sighed, her eyes snapping open and taking in her surroundings. She'd been sat in isolation for three hours and on her life had never been more bored.

"Thought i'd find you here" the voice spoke, before removing their hand off her shoulder and taking a seat beside her.

"What's that supposed to mean Riz?" Lana glared, however she was unable to keep up the annoyed act for long.

"I'm kidding, Jordan told me you was in here, scrapping Chloe Voyle?"

"I didn't scrap her Riz, i slapped her. Bullshit really does travel faster than the truth around here doesn't it?"

Riz just laughed and nodded, before a hardened look took over his face,

"Lana, i really am sorry, if you'd just let me make it up too you?"

"And how're you planning on making it up to me?" the girl interrupted.

"Erm, the rugby match tonight against St Marks, i want you to be there."

"A rugby match? your making it up to me by taking me to a rugby match?" Lana scoffed, until noticing Riz's face become more solemn.

"Erm, i'm actually playing"

"Oh i see," Lana whispered, before looking back up to face him, "Yeah ayt, ill be there."

"Really?" Riz's face now lit up like a child at Christmas.

"Yes really"

"I guess i'll see you later then" and with that, Riz was out the door.

It was freezing by the time Lana had made it to the match, she arrived just as St Marks began their haka.

She watched the St Marks lads getting in the boys faces, shouting and interrogating them. However, by the look in Cory's eyes, she knew he had something planned. Because anyone else would've been shitting themselves being in their position.

Lana caught Riz's eye in the middle of St Marks' haka, he smiled as he noticed her, giving her a wink.

Lana felt butterflies erupt in her stomach, doing her best to compose herself.

Suddenly, Cory whistled, and a parade of girls from their school came across the field, banging drums making music.

But what shocked the girl even more was the boys began banghra dancing. They were actually banghra dancing.

The group got into the others boys faces, dancing all in time with eachother. It was a sight indeed.

As the boys finished up their dance, Riz and Cory jogged over to Lana, wide grins across their faces.

"What did you think?" Cory laughed at Lana, who was lost for words.

"Erm, not what i was expecting, but you looked a lot less stupid than the St Marks lot, so well done" Lana admitted.

"Ahh i knew you'd like it" Riz teased, poking her side causing Lana to laugh.

"Chloe Voyle's having a party in a few hours, and your coming" Cory said, hands on his hips.

Lana opened her mouth to speak, before Cory interrupted, "and before you object, you don't have to go anywhere near her, just please come along, please, please, please" he begged.

Lana looked to Riz, who looked equally as desperate for her to come.

"Fine" she smiled, the two boys cheering, wrapping their arms around her.

"Ugh, get off you both reek."