DO YOU THINK SHES ALIVE?

"Do you think she's alive?"

"At this point, i don't even know if i can tell"

"She doesn't look alive"

Lana's face was very pale. The 3 boys used too seeing her tanned, fresh makeup and straight hair. However, she was a white as a sheet, her makeup smudged, an false eyelash hanging off, mascara running and her hair looked the epitome of a birds nest.

"I'm telling her that when she wakes up"

"Nah don't, she won't make me breakfast tomorrow"

"Huh?"

"You should try it, it's fucking amazing"

"Mate, i'm starting to worry about her, she's right pale"

"Wait i think she's waking up, Lana, Lana can you hear me?"

With that, Lana opened her eyes slowly, to reveal 3 faces looking down on her.

Cory, Jordan and Riz. Oh shit.

Fuck, who's bed was she in?

Beginning to panic, she pulled the duvet further up herself, before realising she was still fully dressed.

"Hey hey your alright" Cory whispered, "You gave us a right scare"

"What happened?" Lana quivered, gripping her head attempting to put an end to the ache.

"Well, to put it shortly, we found a drunk Missy trying to carry an even drunker you out of the park" Cory laughed as he left the room, leaving Riz and Lana in there alone. Riz looked down at her concerned, guilt flashing across his face.

"Erm, are you alright?" Riz asked sheepishly.

Lana just glared at him, remembering slight details of waiting for Riz, and him not turning up.

"Look, i wanted to explain-"

"Save it, Riz, i'm not in the mood"

Jordan opened the door and handed the girl a glass of water, that she drank the thing pretty much instantly.

"Er Lana, Missy called, said something about a cremation" Cory shouted to Lana from the bottom of the stairs, attempting to repeat everything the girl had said.

"Ah shit, i need to get dressed."

Lana and Nasreen were sat on Missy's bed, watching Missy pick out outfits for Nana's funeral.

Missy held up a short sparkly black dress with a V-neck line a little to low, especially for a funeral.

"That's completely inappropriate" Nas admitted, looking up at the miserable girl. She smiled a sad smile before going back to her wardrobe, attempting to fish out another outfit.

"How're you feeling Lana?" Missy joked, turning to face the pale girl, sprawled out across Missy's bed.

"Like shit"

"Me and you both babe."

"Do you wanna borrow something of mine?" Nas interrupted, watching Missy hopelessly reach the end of the line of clothes.

Missy paused until a scheming look took over her face,

"I've just had a better idea"

The next thing she knew, Lana was being dragged through the market in town, looking for an outfit for Missy and Haley.

"This is a bad idea" Lana groaned, not her usual self due to the extreme hangover, let alone her first one, that she was experiencing.

The three girls grazed over the garments, hanging all around them, until Missy pointed one out she liked the look of.

"That one" she mouthed, signalling the other two girls to walk over to the nearest worker, distracting them as Missy shoved them in her bag.

"Do erm- do you have these in any other sizes?" Lana asked the woman sheepishly, feeling deeply uncomfortable in the situation they were in.

"No, sorry love."

And with that, the three the girls had legged it out of the market.

                                               ❥

As the the girls arrived at the funeral, plus Miss Keane who had kindly given the girls a lift, they stood atop the hill, watching the smoke come out the little chimney.

"Is that smoke Nana?"

"Yeah"

"Did she have a favourite poem?" Miss Keane asked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"She liked bat out of hell" Haley suggested, as Missy pulled Haley into her, Nas and Lana doing the same.

They all thought about Nana, and the happy memories they'd never forget.

                                               ❥

Nas left to see her Dad after the funeral, leaving Lana, Missy and Haley to get ready and go to school.

As they walked through reception and sighed in, the receptionist welcomed the girls had told them that Mrs Carter wanted to see Haley and Missy.

The two shared a concerned look, before Lana spoke,

"Hey i'm sure it's fine"

"Yeah" Missy trailed off, as the two entered the office, leaving Lana to go to her next lesson.