21

class has just ended and jay should be glad about it, but he wasn't. he was still trying to build up confidence to talk to jungwon and he isn't doing great so far.

come on, jay. you just had to walk up to him and tell him you want to talk. it's not that hard.

but it was jungwon who we're talking about, not just someone.

"goodluck, jay." sunghoon patted his back.

sunoo looks at his boyfriend, confuse. "goodluck with what?"

"you'll find out soon."

jay tried to ignore his noisy friends as he waits for jungwon to show up. they were all waiting for him at the school's gate since he still had to pass by the library for something.

"what's taking him so long?" jay ask.

"right, it's been 10 minutes. he should be here already. " heeseung said looking at his watch.

"I'll go fetch him."

they were surprised when jay said that. well it was obvious that jay still loves jungwon but it was a surprise that jay whole heatedly said that as if he wasn't avoiding the other.

jay noticed his friends reaction but didn't pay any mind. instead, he left them standing there.

"I hope things will get better between them." ni-ki said which the others agreed to.

jungwon glared at the person in front of him. he wince when he felt his cheeks hurt from the slap he received from her. he was also already on the floor after hyewon pushed him.

"well aren't you a stubborn little shit?" she screamed at him. "I told you to stay away from him. you have the nerves to do the opposite."

she was full of rage. jungwon can actually fight her back and put his taekwondo skills to use but he didn't want to get in trouble, much more hurt anybody.

"I was with him because we're in the same group of friend. what are you so mad about? I didn't even spared him a look!"

"but you were still with him."

jungwon couldn't believe that she was acting this way. "you're crazy! didn't you say that jay told you he loves you?"

"yes, he does love me! not you so leave him alone!"

"then why are you acting like this if you were so sure that he does? why are you so threatened of me when you said it yourself that I was just nothing but one of his flings who he played with?"

hyewon laughs histerically that startled jungwon. "threatened? why would I be threatened of you? you're nothing but worthless." she smirks at him. "let me show you how better I am thank you."

hyewon was about to hit him again when someone got in between them.

"try laying your dirty fingers at him again, you won't be liking what I would do to you."

jay just came in time before she could give jungwon the final blow.

the glare in hyewon's eyes turned to fear and pain when jay was almost breaking her wrist.

"j-jay... let go.." she stammers. "you're hurting me."

but the look on her face wasn't enough for him to feel bad about her. she was hurting jungwon and he could not let that pass.

"who told you that you could do this?"

"you've mistaken it, jay. he attacked me first so I was just defending myself."

"and you think I would believe that bullshit you're saying?"

jungwon was alarmed when he saw how mad jay was. it wasn't good so he had no choice but to step in even if he wanted to leave already.

"jay, let go of her! you're gonna get in trouble."

"I don't care. she was hurting you."

"so what? she's still your girlfriend."

that made jay let go of her. he got surprise from what jungwon just said. did he just called hyewon his girlfriend?

"girlfriend? she's not."

"what? but she told me that you.." jungwon then realized that hyewon just fooled him. "whatever. let's go." he gave hyewon one final look before pulling jay with him.

this was it. jay could finally try talking with jungwon. all he has to do is ask.

"jungwon.." he called.

jungwon stops in his track and look back at jay.

"were your feelings for me real?"

he wanted to slap himself. that was too straight forward. but he couldn't think of any other thing to say.

jungwon not answering his question and just staring at him didn't help at all.

"it is. I do love you."

the answer made him rejoice inside him. that was it, that's the only thing he has to know.

all the negative feelings he has for jungwon was washed off in an instant. he doesn't care anymore if jungwon tried breaking him.

all that matters is jungwon's feelings for him are real.

"then.. can you please come back to me? let's start over. jungwon, I missed you so much. I don't know if I can handle not being with you anymore."

"jay hyung... I'm sorry but we can't."

"w-what? but you said you..." he's voice falter when he noticed that tears were already falling from jungwon's eyes.

"I love you so much but this is tiring. all we did was to hurt each other and it's getting unhealthy now."

"are you telling me that you're giving up on us?"

jungwon then chuckled before shaking his head no.

"I just want the both of us to rest. I want us to clear our mind first. we were both badly hurt from what happened to us. this is seriously draining me and I don't want to hate my feelings for you so please let's take some time to clear our minds and heal."

jay doesn't want this. he only wants is to be with jungwon again but he was asking him to have some time to be apart from each other?

he doesn't want this but jungwon was right. he can't deny that.

jay steps closer to jungwon and held his face, wiping the tears with his thumb.

"baby, I'll agree to that but promise me that you'll come back to me. I don't want to completely lose you."

"I promise."

and with that being said, they sealed the promise with a kiss. they are determined to heal to be better for each other and when that day comes where they are both healed, they'll come back in each other's arms again.