The tale of a healing girl

"Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace.
Tears stream down your face and I...
I promise you, I will learn from my mistakes.
Tears stream down your face and I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you."

Song: Fix You - Coldplay

++++++

Emma moved to Holmes Chapel with her family when she was ten-years-old

Emma moved to Holmes Chapel with her family when she was ten-years-old. The first time she met Harry Styles, they were at a birthday party at a bowling alley for one of Emma's new friend's birthday. Isla was her name. She moved away the next year, so their friendship only flourished for one school year before quickly fizzling out. But Emma would always remember how that party brought Harry into her life.

The first moment she noticed him, he let out a loud, excited "ohhhhh", thrusting his arms up in the air in triumph after he successfully bowled a strike on his first try. Emma couldn't help but smile as she sat at the next lane over with four other girls she didn't know. From that moment on, Emma continued sneaking glances at Harry as he bowled with three other lads. At ten-years-old, it was the first time she remembered being attracted to anyone in a 'he's cute' sort of way.

By some twist of fate, Emma and Harry ended up sitting next to each other later on when they were eating pizza and cake with the group. They didn't say anything to each other, but when Emma's napkin drifted off the table and onto the floor, Harry quickly picked it up and smiled at her as he set it back on the table. That was the first time she'd ever felt butterflies over a boy.

She didn't think much about him again until they were put in the same class the next year. Harry was always the class clown, always entertaining. His humor and wit never ceased. And he always made Emma laugh, even if it was inadvertently. It wasn't until after winter break that their teacher redid the class seating chart, and Harry and Emma were put together at the same two person table.

"Emma, right?" Were the first words he ever spoke to her.

"Yeah," she said, feeling her cheeks heating up immediately.

"I'm Harry," he said with a genuine smile and it instantly made her smile.

Of course she knew who he was. Though they'd never said a word to each other, she had often thought back fondly on their meet-cute when he picked up her napkin off the floor that day at the bowling alley.

For the remaining five months of the school year, Harry and Emma actually became friends and even started hanging out outside of school - even though it was always in a group setting and there was never really anything too intimate that happened between them.

That summer her mum and dad allowed her to have a birthday party where she could invite both girls and boys. Harry got her perfume and she wore it everyday after until she'd completely drained the bottle with use - which happened sometime during the middle of the next school year, in which Harry was in her class once again.