The tale of a dazed girl

"But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me?

Take my body.
Take my body.
All I want is
And all I need is
To find somebody.
I'll find somebody.
Like you."

Song: All I Want - Kodaline

++++++

The look in Harry's eyes mirrored her own – astonishment

The look in Harry's eyes mirrored her own – astonishment. Emma was almost certain he never planned to see her again in this lifetime. Although she was young when she left Holmes Chapel, she stayed gone – a fact she could be sure was something Harry would never forget. She went off to boarding school in London for the final two years of school and stayed out there to go to University. That was when she met and fell in love with Patrick. But it didn't mean she ever forgot her first love. No, there would be no chance she could ever forget Harry Styles – the boy that she let slip through her fingers.

"Hi, I'm Chris," Emma heard a man say.

It took her a few moments to realize he was talking to her. Her vision cut away momentarily from Harry's to look at the short, balding man standing to the side of her. When she looked back over to where Harry was, he already turned away and started walking toward the exit. Emma's heart constricted in her chest. She didn't want him to go, but she knew there wasn't anything she could say to him to make him stay. She watched him disappear out of the doorway and she could feel as her heart shriveled back down to size when he left.

"Uh... Emma," she said, shaking the man's hand.

"Hello, Emma. I was glad to see you show up tonight," he told her, smiling cheerfully at her.

"Huh?" She asked, confused. How did he know anything about her?

"Don't worry. I just meant by you showing up, that all who signed up for the sessions showed up. That rarely ever happens," he chuckled to himself.

"Oh. Yeah. My sister and mother made me come," she said, her voice monotone.

"I'm sure glad they did," he continued, his smile never leaving his face. He was much too cheerful for a grief group – that was for sure.

"Yeah," she breathed.

"I hope to see you again next week, Emma," he told her.

"Yeah," she nodded, still feeling the after-effects of what seeing Harry did to her.

Every nerve in her body seemed like it was on high alert and she was dangerously close to running after him, just to see his face again – just to look into those bright green eyes once more.