9. Should we tell him?

Sorry for the late update, I had some family stuff come up and I've been transferring books to another platform/website, responding to emails, and signing contracts. Been a little busy. My apologies.

So, good news is that I have basically every chapter of this book outlined which will make writing them and following along much easier, so I should be able to get to the point when I update this book more frequently (but I still intend to put most of my focus on Catching the Storm since that book is close to being finished). 

Catching the Storm will also be updated today. So look out for that for those of you who are reading that book as well.

Enjoy!

Everly's POV

"Sorry," I said as I stepped into my office room, shutting the door behind me. I turned to Ian. "This seriously was not my idea."

Ian looked at me. "I'm actually inclined to believe you since I'm fairly certain the decorations I saw on the way in here are not something you would have picked."

"Are you referring to inflatable flamingos or the unicorn pinata?" I asked him.

He shook his head like he couldn't believe this was a conversation he was actually having,

I took a seat at my desk and pulled out the files Zero had given me from a drawer. "Tell me about the mission you were on," I said. "Where she disappeared from."

Ian let out a sigh. "We were just supposed to be getting some information. Some blueprints for some sort of secret bunker."

I frowned. "Secret bunker?"

"Zero didn't give us any more information. Just where the blueprint files would be kept, and what the number was. It was just supposed to be a short mission. We go in, get what we were looking for, and then get out."

I nodded. "You said her comms cut out?"

"Yeah," Ian shrugged. "None of us even noticed until we tried to speak with her, to ask her how close she was to getting back to the van." He shook his head. "She didn't answer and when we tried tracking her comm it got us nowhere. She was just gone. We went back into the building, to where she'd disappeared from and there was nothing there."

"And what did you do after that?" I asked.

"I called Zero while I had Ryan and Alejandra scout around the outside of the building." He suddenly frowned. "Zero didn't actually question whether or not I was sure she'd been taken he just . . . sent another team and came down himself."

He didn't question it because evidently, she's not the only agent that's disappeared lately.

"And then what happened?" I asked.

Ian threw his hands up in the air and began pacing the room. "Nothing," He said angrily. "Zero went into the building to request their security footage and they refused to give it to him. Not that they'd have been thrilled to give it to him since he'd sent us to break in, but they didn't know that and-"

"Wait," I interrupted him. "They refused to share the security camera footage?" I questioned. "Even after Zero went in and probably showed his badge and ID?"

Ian nodded. "Yeah," He muttered.

I shook my head. "That doesn't make any sense," I said. "Zero didn't press the issue? There's no reason he shouldn't have walked away with the footage."

"He said he'd have someone hack into the system as soon as possible." He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Which didn't make any sense to me since he'd told us the system wasn't hackable which was why we had to break into the server room in the first place!"