CHAPTER 1

Easton's tattoo

[A/N: This story would be written from a third-person's point of view. I just wanted to try so here it is]

-------

"Today's weather in California, the sun's high and the maximum temperature will reach 73°F and the minimum temperature would be 52°F. A perfect day for..................." 

The weather forecast went on the radio while the air filled up with the thick aroma of toasted bread with butter. The pitch of fork whisking the eggs along with the sizzling sound of bacon cooking on the hot pan gave so many vibes of typical American mornings. And it was also the typical morning in the Knight household. Today was Easton's turn to make breakfast as he stayed over last night at his parents' house. 

The youngest lady of the house slowly stepped down the stairs with her little toes. Her long brown hair, just like her elder brother's, stood in every possible direction. She lazily rubbed the sleep out of the eyes as her blurred vision become clear and she saw her brother standing at the cooking counter. An instant smile tugs on her lips as she fastens her pace towards him. 

Easton stood there, shirtless, while a pair of sweatpants hung low of his waist showing off his well-toned eight packs body which was bathed under the sun of California. His tattooed biceps flexed as he flips the pancakes on the pan. His ears perk up at the sound of the silent footsteps of the little monster. A mirrored smile pulls on his lips while he notices the sound coming nearer. He put a step back from the stove to be safe.

The little girl latches onto his legs and grasps them tight. "Oww. That hurt, Elena" Easton fakes, while all that grasp would do is tickle him. Elena tightens her grip letting out a cute giggle. "ow, ow, ow" Easton turns off the stove and scoops the monster into his arms. "There, you little" he begins tickling the girl while she starts giggling louder, well louder enough to wake up their other siblings.

"Too loud in the morning, brother." Elias, the third oldest sibling, groans. He settles down on the couch and falls to the right immediately so that he is now all curled up. 

"It's thirty past seven, Elias. You got school in an hour" Easton declare putting her five-year-old sister down and telling her to take a bath and wait for him to get her ready. Elena obediently runs to her room to take a bath on her own. Easton walks to his younger brother and ruffles his bed head. "I'll drop you off in my car today if you get ready in twenty minutes" he whispers in his brother's ear.

"Really?" Elias sits straight up with all sleep gone. 

"Uh-huh," Easton smiles, while he watches his trick working. 

"Yes! I love you, brother" he gives the eldest a hug and rushes to the room he shared with his other older brother. 

Elias opens the door and finds a full and neatly dressed Ezra standing tall and straight to head out. "Good morning, Ezra" he greets quickly and dashes to the bathroom without waiting for a reply.

"Morning, Easton" Ezra greets, as he steps out of the room and walks to the kitchen. 

"Morning, Ezra. I see you are all ready, as usual," Easton comments feeling proud to watch his brother be such disciplined. If Easton loved anything other than his family, that was "discipline". He could oversee his younger siblings acting like the kids they were but not anyone else. His patient radiated only in the house and only towards his siblings. 

Though Easton could turn a blind eye to his family being spoiled, Ezra didn't take any of that. He was everything his brother wanted a seventeen-year-old to be. He woke up early in the morning, made breakfast in his parents' absence, took good care of his younger siblings when Easton couldn't. He, in short, was his elder brother's carbon copy.