CHAPTER 38

[People with an Inkitt account, can I ask you to leave a review on the website if you are enjoying the story so far? Thank you!!]

--------------------

The clock ticked, hours passed but no eye blinked. Easton was beside his mate, scooping him in his arms. Blake is yet to regain his consciousness, he has been sleeping from last night and almost half the day. It was about four in the evening and everyone including Ezra, Duncan, Tib, and Derek, was in the room. No one in the room has left his side or has slept. The silver wounds on the alpha's wrist were treated with at most gentle care and were done by Easton. The older alpha did not let anyone get close to his mate. Even Christopher was observing everything from afar.

The approaching night was the reason for the possessiveness. Duncan too, had Ezra sit in his lap, while he glared at the lone man, Tib, who was probably the only man sleeping with his hand tonight. Tib ignored the dirt glares and cursed himself for being stuck between these bunch of horny and overprotective wolves. 

Easton stroked Blake's head and removed the nighty black hair from his face, looking blankly the man. He looked peaceful sleeping like this but that scared Easton a lot. Even knowing that Blake was not under any dangerous drug was not helpful, he on the edge, always anxious and everyone knew that would continue until the younger alpha opens his brown orbs. The older one held Blake's hand, playing with his fingers and counting them.

This instance brought him back to the day when Blake got drunk and called Easton an alien because he didn't have those 10 fingers that Blake did. A smile crawls on his face as he kisses the back of his mate's hand. "Please, wake up" his voice breaks as he clutches the hand tightly. "Please" he kisses the hand again. 

The bond gave him the reassurance like Tib did, yet again he was uneasy about Blake. 

"Stop glaring Duncan, I'm afraid you will bore a hole in my gifted head" Tib comments upon feeling Duncan's eyes poking in his skull. 

"Then don't seductively glance at my mate" Duncan intensely says with eyes glowing protectively.

"He is not looking at me, Duncan" Ezra interrupts.

"Exactly!" Tib looks thankfully at Ezra.

"He just DID!" and Duncan catches that and points his finger at the half-vampire, accusing him. 

"Oh my goodness" Tib groans standing up from his chair and walking to the oldest alpha. He sits next to Easton instead of the huge place beside Blake. He did not opt for a death wish today, so no. "He will be fine" he assures patting the man on the shoulder. Easton pays him no mind and kept holding his mate dearly. Tib rolled his eyes and walked out of the room to be back after his works were done.

The older alpha closes his eyes, his lips fixated on the back of his hand. He had gathered himself not to cry like he is used to doing all the time now, after Blake's arrival. Blake has become his weakness and it was not hidden from anyone. 

His eyes snap open when he finds movement under his hand. "Blake?" he perks up and moves closer to his mate finding the younger alpha looking back at him with dreamy eyes. The younger alpha stretches his body lazily, bending Easton a bit as he was still holding Blake's hand. 

"Ummmmm" he yawned and looked around to find three pairs of eyes gawking at him with round eyes like owls. "HOLY SHIT-" he scurried in his bed covering himself with the blanket, pulling his hand from his mate's. "Don't scare me first thing in the morning!" he yells, his breath getting heavy from the shock. 

"This is not morning" Ezra comments in a monotone pulling away Duncan by the collar. "We will be on our way, brother" he informs Easton and walks out of the room without listening to what Duncan had to tell. Blake looks confusingly towards the door and then at his mate who engulfs him instantly taking his breath away.