CHAPTER 25

"What is this bitc-, I mean this witch doing here?" Tib whispers to Christopher who stood in the doorway of the guest room, on the first floor, with a frown sitting on his forehead. He just shrugged and glared at the woman he once called his mate. Cora was lying in the bed, unconscious ever since she collapsed in Blake's arms. The son of the woman refused to leave her side in the terror that she would disappear into thin air just like that day. Easton stood not so far from Blake who was kneeling beside the bed with Cora's hand in his.

"Mom" he whispers kissing on the back of her hand. He looked delusional and yearning as to believe that his dream for all these years had actually come true, his mother was back. She came back to him. He stroked her hand to his cheek, wetting it with the unstoppable tears.

Easton on the other hand looked pleadingly at the half-vampire and Chris for some help, which both replied with another shrug. Rolling his eyes, Easton kneeled beside his mate and pulled him closer to his chest by the shoulder. "Shh, don't cry" he cooed which only made Blake cry harder. He looked in his mate's brown orbs through his blurry and shaky ones.

"E-Easton, m-mom" he shuttered gesturing a trembling finger towards the sleeping figure which broke the older alpha's heart. The older alpha grabbed the gesturing hand and put it down. He stroked his mate cheek holding lots of strength and assurance in his eyes. Blake's hand tremblingly reached up, overlapping Easton's as he a smile appeared on his face. "M-my mom is h-here, Easton" he added making the alpha feel guiltier than ever. "S-she came back for me" he glowed through the tears resulting in the alpha pulling him into a warm hug. 

Easton was jabbed. Right through his chest, he knew very well that he couldn't possibly tell Blake the truth about his mother without breaking his heart. His own heart shattered into millions of pieces to look at his mate who was crying just 'cause of happiness. What would he conceivably do if the reason behind the cry would be him?

But, he can't just watch his mate walking into a threat. He had to tell him but at the right time and away from the woman who was doing Oscar-winning acting of being lifeless, almost corpse. He knew exactly how to wake her up. "Blake, I got to tell you some-" his words were cut with a groan from the person lying in the bed. Blake pulled away from the hug in an instant and strolled over to his mother. Easton scoffed standing from the kneeling position.

"This woman is full of crap" he commented standing next to Tiberius.

"Tell me about it" surprisingly Christopher was the one to comment back. He had not spoken a word since he got the news that his "so-called" mate was back. He knew there was no use in grinning like a Cheshire cat when his wolf was already dead. After the betrayal, he received in exchange for his unconditional love it became impossible for him to even withstand a breath.

"Mom?" Blake stroked the woman on her forehead who keep grunting in her sleep. After few more seconds, she opens her eyes slowly. Her blue eyes stood out in the evening light which was shining bright after the heavy rain. Easton actually thought that the weather was indicating the arrival of a storm in their lives which made him feel very uneasy. "Mom, are you okay?" the young alpha worried over his mother.

She tries to nod a bit and sit straight with the help of her son. "Blake" she calls with her voice all hoarse making the young alpha's heart cut through. Like the obedient son he was, Blake grabs the glass of water from the nightstand and gives it to the woman. Cora gulps down the water her eyes secretly runs around the room, from Easton to Christopher. Her heart drops at the presence of her mate as she shakingly removes the glass away from her lips.

She turns her head away from her the former alpha who had a knowing look in his eyes, and gives back the glass to Blake. Chris watch her every move carefully before his eyes shift to Blake who was innocently so close to trouble. Tiberius on the other hand was giving a judging look, with his hands folded, legs crossed and eyes boring in her head. "She is exceptional, my director friend could love to cast her if she comes out alive from all this shit" he states, making Easton and Chris glare at him. "What? Woman empowerment!" he remarks making the other two groan.