CHAPTER 45

It was a fine yet busy evening at the Knights'. Elias's birthday brought so much effort and work into the house. The entire resident was been molded into a party venue. The birthday boy's older brothers along with Duncan and Zander were doing all the preparation which mostly included cleaning the house and clearing up the area.

The pack members were invited to the eve like any other year. The only difference this year was that the pack was a lot bigger than ever.

Ezra and Duncan move the large sofa set for the fifth time since morning on the order of their sweet angel, Elena. She was indeed the party planner.

"Now that looks good" Elena nods her head looking at the changed interior.

"You told the same thing last four times" Duncan complains falling on the set couch.

The little girl giggles, covering her mouth. "No this is the last place" she reassures.

"Oh thank you" the beta spreads himself comfortably.

The young alpha gazes at his mate and follows his suit falling onto the sofa.

"My sister-in-law is very choosy" the beta complains upon which Ezra chuckles out loud.

Ezra sighs, his body tightened up and sweaty from all the work. "Brother, we will be back in 10 min" he announces and drags his mate with him by his wrist.

"No nasty in the room!!" Easton's voice booms in the entire.

"You heard that, Ezra" Austin yells from the kitchen, where he was making dinner with Aurora.

"Oh, shut up you guys!!!" Ezra screams back with an eye roll, laughing sounds following from downstairs. And Duncan was calculating his poor and short life.

The couple reaches the young alpha's room and they hit the bed immediately. Ezra takes the wall and sits against it while Duncan lays his head in his mate's lap.

"Duncan?" Ezra combs his fingers through his mate's silky hair as the beta enjoyed with his eyes closed and head in the dream world.

"Hm?" the beta absentmindedly responded. He was too busy enjoying the itchy feeling in his scalp. It gave him shudders at times. It was just too good.

"Should we get married?" the alpha throws a question. The older one's eyes snap open as he jumps on the bed to his knees.

"Wh-what?"

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY, BITCH?

"I ASKED THE SAME THING, BITCH. SHUT UP"

A stain of red gushes on the alpha's cheeks but his eyes held the resolve. "I was thinking- you know-"

Duncan nods for him to continue. He needed an answer, no beating around the bush with "ya know-, I know". 

"You know, we have mated and all but I always wanted to try and have a family with you" he gushes. "Where I can call you as my "husband" " his cheeks shade with deeper color as one word after the other passed.

The beta had his eyes flying out of the sockets and mouthing gaping like a fish. Embarrassment followed awkwardness in Ezra's eyes while he shot them down.

"We shouldn't have asked it"

Yeah...

"It-Its not we have to do, i-its completely fi-" his words get swallowed up in the kiss that took him by surprise. His cheeks were held tightly in between the two big palms of the beta.

The kiss was very sweet and passionate which gave so many answers to the alpha. His heart started thumping out louder than before when he popped the question.