Chapter 3

Qiao Chi relies on her memory and takes Song Yiyu back to the original host's house. Her finger hesitates before she puts in the unlock code.

Song Yiyu notices and asks: "What's wrong?"

She shakes her head, enters the code, then says: "My house may be a bit messy."

Then she pushes the door open.

Song Yiyu tilts his head, frowning, as he says, "Your house? Don't we live together?"

Qiao Chi turns on the living room light, purses her lips, and mumbles: "Didn't you say you that you wanted to give both of us some private spaces? You haven't been to mine nor have I been to yours."

After saying this, she snorts, adding: "If I didn't know that you love me, I'd thought that you were cheating on me."

She feels that she has given him a good enough answer that he definitely wouldn't ask her where he lives.

Song Yiyu's face shows a flash of surprise, seemingly unable to think of why he did so before.

"Come in. Don't stand there all dazed." She then takes the lead and enters the living room. As soon as did, she's shocked by the filth and dirt in front of her eyes. Though the living room is probably half the size of her own in her previous life, there are a mountain of clothes pile up on the sofa and boxes of fast food and take outs on the coffee table. She then walks over to the sofa. The trash bin next to the coffee table's already full. Qiao Chi squints, thinking that maybe a trash bag would not be enough.

"You ..." Song Yiyu follows behind. He seems to be traumatized by the filthy scene in front of him. Does she not like to be clean?

"It's ... I've been studying some acting techniques at home and haven't left the house for several days. Today, I was so anxious to see you that I forgot to come back and clean." Qiao Chi stammers, thinking that the reason might not sound very good at all.

She takes a quick glance at him and sees him nodding understandingly. Qiao Chi then shyly laughs and scoops up her clothes to make room for him to sit.

"Sit and rest first. I'll clean up." Qiao Chi hurries to the bedroom with clothes.

Song Yiyu looks at her startled figure and chuckles a bit. The pain in his neck comes back temporarily but luckily, it doesn't affect his mood. It is the first time he has felt joy since woken up inside that small clinic and realizing that he has amnesia.

My girlfriend is so cute!

.

.

Qiao Chi puts her clothes on the bed, sighing while shaking her head.

What an embarrassing moment!

She scans around the original host's room, assessing the style. It's neat and clean, and while it's relatively small, it's something she can become used to.

Qiao Chi rummages through the drawers and takes out a clean face towel and a large T-shirt from the closet.

The clothes she has bought for Song Yiyu was a bit small, so when they were out, she could see that a lot of eyes were on him.

"If you are uncomfortable, you can change into shirt first." Qiao Chi hands it over to him. "Eh?"

A while ago, there was a mountain of clothes, and now, they're all arranged neatly on a sofa. The food on the table was also gone.

"Actually, I asked my auntie to come here, but thank you ..." Qiao Chi's face turns hot. Her fingers grip the towel and the clothes.

Song Yiyu stands up to accept his clothes, and openly laughes: "What's there to be embarrassed about?"