Chapter 2

"The neck was hit by a heavy object. I suggest that you take him to the city hospital for another examination. I've dealt with the other injuries already." The doctor takes the form from her then glances at man lying on the hospital bed, hooked up to an IV. Though he looks extremely weak and frail with some unsightly gauze wrapped on his face, he is still a very attractive man.

The doctor pushes the dark glasses up the rim of his nose, and couldn't help but ask: "What happened to your boyfriend?"

Qiao Chi stays quiet while her face looks like she's about to collapse. She's a little choked up when she says: "I don't know, my boyfriend treats everyone very well. I don't know why something like this happened. "

The doctor sighs and comforts her with a few sentences and stays until the other patients in the clinic call him away.

She stares at the door to see if anyone's coming. Once she determines that no one is, she lets out a sigh of relief.

She then sits on the chair next to his bed. While tying her hair up, Qiao Chi thinks about her next steps once the villain boss wakes up. As a result, when she raises her head, she's faced with Song Yiyu's dark, black eyes. Qiao Chi's taken back and nervously she touches her ear. She then says: "You are awake."

Although she knows that Song Yiyu has lost his memory, she's still a bit nervous. Though, she calms down after she hears a small hum of acknowledgement from him. Qiao Chi then flashes him a bright smile, and before she can speak again, he asks: "Who are you?"

She straightens her back, suddenly worries about what to say. Song Yiyu presses a hand to his temple. His face becomes even more pale. She immediately reaches out to him. "What's wrong? Is something hurting?"

Song Yiyu feels like his head's about to explode, sending his mind to a state of confusion. In his chaotic mind, he hears Qiao Chi's voice, so he turns to her with a sharp glance and a focus gaze.

Qiao Chi timidly and unconsciously takes a step back. With a little hesitation, she says before leaving the room: "I will go find a doctor."

When she turns away, she's immediately pulled back by her wrist. Song Yiyu's headache lessens as he holds her hand tightly and asks hastily: "Who are you? Who am I?"

He couldn't remember anymore details as his head begins hurting again. He loses focus because of the pain especially in the back of his neck. One hand holds on to her, and with one hand that has the IV, he touches the gauzes on his face.

"Aiya—stop moving around."

At that moment, the doctor, who left earlier, returns. He sees Song Yiyu pulling on Qiao Chi's hand, and hurries to stop him, saying: "You lie down! Don't drag your girlfriend around!"

Girlfriend?

In Song Yiyu's heart, he quietly reads these two words at once.

Shifting his gaze from Qiao Chi to the doctor, he unconsciously frowns with disgruntlement on his face. However, he still complies by releasing Qiao Chi's hand, then lies down obediently, letting the doctor checks on him.

Qiao Chi stands silently to the side, sighing deeply. It seems the villainous boss has indeed lost his memory.

"Go to the hospital to get the back of his neck check again. Other than that, there is no major problem with the other wounds on the body." The doctor pulls the blanket up for Song Yiyu and turns back to Qiao Chi. He then says: "Try not to let him touch any water. Go to the hospital as soon as you can."

Song Yiyu frowns and pulls the blanket back down. Qiao Chi pretends that she doesn't see his action, and says sincerely: "Thank you doctor."

After the doctor leaves, she once again sits down on the chair, and confirms that the boss really did lose his memory. She then immediately relaxes, and asks with concern: "Are you still uncomfortable anywhere? "